Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Pentax at Photokina 2008 - Pentax to showcase model products at Photokina 2008.
Pentax U.K. is pleased to exhibit another interchangeable lens and a rear converter at Photokina 2008. Both items are currently under development for use with Pentax digital SLR cameras.
Digital-SLR-exclusive unifocal DA Limited-series lens
- Product name (tentative): smc Pentax DA* 15mm F4 ED AL Limited
- Ultra-wide-angle DA* Limited series lens designed for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- Extremely compact and light construction
- Exclusive design with aluminium body
- Integrated hood
- Fifth model in the popular DA* Limited series, developed as part of PENTAX’s quest for the ultimate in image-description performance
- Scheduled to be marketed in spring 2009
- Product name (tentative): smc PENTAX-DA 1.4X REAR CONVERTER SDM
- First rear converter equipped for autofocus operation of PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- SDM mechanism for extra-smooth, super-quiet autofocus operation
- Compatible with conventional (mechanical) autofocus system
- Marketing date to be announced