Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Portable Flash and Lighting|
New Pentax Flash Units - Flash units for Pentax interchangeable lens cameras have been announced.
Both models will be available from the end of September 2013 with the following RRPs:
- AF 540FGZ II Flashgun £549.99
- AF 360FGZ II Flashgun £399.99
1. Dependable weather-resistant construction for demanding outdoor shootingWith 28 seals applied to crucial parts of the unit body including the hotshoe, these flash units feature highly dependable weather-resistant construction. By coupling one of them with a camera body and a lens that feature the same weather-resistant construction, the user can create a highly reliable weather-resistant digital imaging system that assures solid performance even in difficult weather conditions, such as in the rain or in situations where the product is subject to splashes and dust.
2. LED light convenient for movie and still-image recordingBoth models incorporate a newly designed, high-intensity fixed-light LED light in the body. This white LED light comes in handy not only for close-distance movie recording, but also for still-image shooting requiring extended exposures. It also functions as a catch light in portraiture and an AF assist light in the dark.*
3. User-friendly function settingsThe user can customise the flash operation by presetting as many as nine different preferred flash functions, including the on/off of the catch-light function using the LED light and the choice of the flash discharge mode in still-image shooting.
4. Versatile flash control systemBoth models provide a variety of flash discharge modes,** ranging from the advanced P-TTL auto flash mode in which the flash’s preliminary emission is detected by the camera’s light sensor to accurately control the main discharge level for proper exposure, to manual flash, high-shutter-speed synchronisation and wireless P-TTL auto flash.
5. Other features
- Bounce flash function, adjustable to angles of -10 to 90 degrees vertically and up to 180 degrees horizontally
- Power-zoom flash to cover angles of view from 24mm to 85mm lenses (in 35mm format)
- Built-in wide-angle panel that slides out to cover 20mm angle of view (in 35mm format)
- Automatic setting of discharge angle in combination with a Pentax lens-interchangeable digital camera body
- Multi flash emission function available
- Shorter battery recharge time, in comparison to conventional models
** Available flash discharge modes may vary depending on the camera body in use.