Following the news that Pentax have released a firmware update for the Pentax K-x, they have now released instructions for downloading the firmware.
Please be careful when following these instructions as not following them correctly could result in a broken camera.
Further to this morning’s media alert, please find below full instructions for downloading firmware update software Version 1.01 for the Pentax K-x.
Please ensure that you follow the installation instructions precisely to avoid the disappointment of a broken camera. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide a replacement camera should this happen.
Instructions to download:
- Charge the camera battery fully.
- Go to the link: http://drop-box.co.uk/
- Logon with username: PentaxClient; password: PentaxClient
- Download updated firmware file as below;For Windows : Kx_e101w.exe --- ｘ,xxx kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files For Macintosh : kx_e101m.zip --- x,xxx Kbytes, zip type
- Extract downloaded file – The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking; Readme.txt: The text file that explains the update procedure in detail Fwdc206b.bin: This is the updated firmware
- Copy fwdc206b.bin file to SD card (32 MB or more)
- Please now refer to the readme.txt file attached to the firmware before updating
- Once complete, delete the firmware file from the SD card via a PC to avoid potential damage to other devices.
- Delete firmware files from PC.
If you have any questions or require technical support please contact Pentax Product Co-ordinator Stephen Sanderson, on 01753 792764 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org