Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Pentax K100D at Jessops - The Award Winning Pentax K100D is here at a break-through price
Pentax are currently offering a Pentax K100D with 18-55mm lens kit for a breakthrough price of £299.99 including VAT.
Just voted the Novice DSLR of the year at the Amateur Photographer Awards 2007, this camera is attracting attention from all sectors of the imaging press.
Ian Andrew reviewing the K100D for ePHOTOzine said “If you're looking for your first digital SLR, the Pentax K100D is well worth a look. The Shake Reduction, easy controls SD card compatibility and lightweight design make this camera ideal for those looking for a step up from a compact digicam.” For the full review click here.
This digital SLR camera combines 6.1 effective megapixels with a host of advanced technologies, including a Pentax-original Shake Reduction (SR) system — to deliver high-quality digital SLR photography and user-friendly operations to all levels of photographers.
Developed as a popular-class digital SLR camera, the K100D packs an array of advanced, user-friendly features — including a Pentax-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system, high-precision autofocus and auto sensitivity control, into a compact, well-balanced body to accommodate a wide range of shooting and playback requirements. Its outstanding overall performance makes high-quality digital SLR photography effortless, fun and exciting for all users in all situations, from casual travel snapshots and family pictures to highly specialized applications. All together, the K100D is a versatile all-around performer for all levels of photographers, from current digital-compact users who want to step up to digital SLR photography, to more experienced, discriminating photographers.
- 6.1 MP APS-C size CCD with high-performance imaging engine and advanced image-processing technologies
- High-precision SAFOX VIII 11-point auto focus (9 cross-type sensors) system with single and continuous AFSensitivity equivalent to ISO 200 to 3200 with an auto mode that takes advantage of the entire range
- Mode Dial includes the standard Exposure Modes, Auto Picture Mode, Picture Modes, and now Scene Modes
- Large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with 210,000 pixel resolution, wide viewing angle and 12 time zoom
- Sophisticated 16-segment multi-pattern metering determines the optimal exposure settings.
To take advantage of this special offer, visit the Jessops website.