Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Pentax K10D firmware updated - The recently released Pentax K10D has had a firmware update released by Pentax, adding extra functionality.
Thank you for using a PENTAX K10D digital camera. PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.10 for K10D. Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras. Version1.10 includes a number of updated functions including wireless control of external flash through the built-in flash.
Changes to V1.10
The following function has been added in version 1.10
1. Wireless control of external flash through built-in flash.
2. Instantly return to centre AF point by one push of button in AF select mode.
3. Possible to change ISO setting by dial at TV/AV mode.
4. ISO setting change by dial while the ISO setting is being displayed on the LCD by pushing OK button.
5. Green button function in M mode is available at TAv mode (Hyper manual).
6. AV and TV switch by dial at P mode.
7. Instant return to the default value by green button at strobe light compensation.
The following contents have been corrected.
1. In rare case, vertical stripe at long time exposure.
2. Released B exposure and show the battery empty sign when using B mode.
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.