Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Pentax K10D firmware updated - Pentax have announced a firmware update for the award-winning K10D DSLR.
Thank you for using a PENTAX K10D digital camera. PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.20 for K10D. Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.20
1. Correspond to PENTAX REMOTE Assistant 3
Changes to V1.11
1. Correspond to development in the RAW data camera when multiple exposing.
2. When built-in flash is used the luminescence control by the trailing-shutter-curtain sync was corrected.
Changes to V1.10
The following function has been added in version 1.10
1. Wireless control of external flash through built-in flash.
2. Instantly return to centre AF point by one push of button in AF select mode.
3. Possible to change ISO setting by dial at TV/AV mode.
4. ISO setting change by dial while the ISO setting is being displayed on the LCD by pushing OK button.
5. Green button function in M mode is available at TAv mode (Hyper manual).
6. AV and TV switch by dial at P mode.
7. Instant return to the default value by green button at strobe light compensation.
The following contents have been corrected.
1. In rare case, vertical stripe at long time exposure.
2. Released "B exposure" and show battery empty sign when using B mode.
Caution : Only K10D users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K10D
k10e120w.exe (For Windows 1,598Kbytes) , k10e120m.hqx ( For Mac 2,030 Kbytes)
K10D ( Version 1.00 / 1.10 / 1.11)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button.
The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
Updated firmware file
For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Mac : BinHex type
Preparation of update
*Blank, formatted SD card (16MB or more)
*USB cable I-USB17
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
*PC card reader or a computer with a PC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
* Fully charged battery (D-LI50)
Download the updated firmware file
For Windows : k10e120w.exe --- 1,636 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
For Macintosh : k10e120m.hqx --- 2,078 Kbytes, BinHex type, StuffIt Expander is required to extract the file
For download the StuffIt Expander, please visit the URL below.
Extract downloaded file.
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
fwdc162b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc162b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD card, copy the fwdc162b.bin file to the route directory of the SD card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.
Download Microsoft Windows Me/2000/XP Version
Download of Microsoft WindowsMe/2000/XP Version software is here
Mac OS Version
Download of Microsoft Mac OS Version software is here