Make sure you never miss a smile with the help of Pentax' latest compact camera. The Optio E90 has automatic face detection and an improved Smile Capture function to detect a smiling face.
The Pentax Optio E90 will be available from February with an RRP of £79.99
Pentax are pleased to announce the launch of the Pentax Optio E90 digital compact camera. Offering a host of convenient, user-friendly features — including an upgraded Smile Capture function that automatically and accurately detects and records the subject’s smiling face — this new entry-class model simplifies high-quality digital photography for everyone — even for new photographers.
1. Automatic face detection, with Smile Capture function to automatically detect the subject’s smile
The Optio E90 features an advanced Face Detection AF & AE function, which automatically detects the subject’s face, then optimises the focus and exposure settings. It also comes equipped with the Smile Capture function, which detects a smile on the subject’s face and releases the shutter at the right moment — all automatically.
2. Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of the ideal shooting mode
The Optio E90 features the Pentax-original Auto Picture mode, which automatically and instantly selects one of eight shooting modes (Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Flower, Sport, Standard, and Candlelight) for a given subject or scene. Thanks to this user-friendly mode, the photographer can effortlessly capture beautiful, high-quality digital images of various subjects and scenes.
3. Comfortable, easy-to-hold grip
The Optio E90’s exterior has been treated with a non-slip rubber coating to prevent the camera from accidentally slipping out of the photographer’s hand. The right side of the front panel has also been slightly raised from the rest of the body to form a grip for a fatigue-free, firm and comfortable hold of the camera.
4. Powered by world-standard AA-size batteries
Because the Optio E90 uses two world-standard AA-size batteries, replacements can be found almost anywhere in the world, eliminating worries about unexpected battery shortage. Its highly energy-efficient design gives it the ability to take approximately 220 images with a pair of fresh alkaline batteries.
5. Green mode to assure easy push button shooting for beginners
With simple push button operation, the Optio E90’s user-friendly Green mode automatically selects the optimum combination of exposure settings, ISO sensitivity and other factors for a given subject or scene. This mode not only makes high-quality digital photography simple and effortless even for first-time digital photographers, but it also comes in handy when the photographer asks someone else to take his/her pictures, or when the user has simply lost track of camera settings.
6. Double anti-shake protection to prevent camera shake and subject shake in unfavorable conditions
7. Digital filters to add personal, creative touches to recorded images
- High-Sensitivity anti-shake mode - When the Optio E90 detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, it automatically raises the sensitivity to as high as ISO 1600, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed. This effectively minimises the adverse effects of camera shake and subject shake under poor lighting conditions.
- Movie SR mode - During movie recording, the Optio E90 prevents blurry images by digitally minimising annoying camera shake through the use of exclusive software.
The Optio E90 comes equipped with six digital filters to add various visual effects to recorded images without needing a computer. In addition to the conventional Monochrome and Sepia filters, the Optio E90 offers the new Starburst filter, which creates cross-, heart- or star-shaped highlights from nighttime illuminations or reflections on the water. The user can even apply multiple filters to a single image.
8. Digital Panorama mode to compose extra-wide-perspective images
The Optio E90 features the creative Digital Panorama mode, which automatically creates a single panoramic picture from as many as three images. All the photographer has to do is follow simple instructions displayed on the LCD monitor and move the camera sideways (or up and down). This mode comes in extremely handy when shooting expansive subjects, such as spectacular landscapes or high-rise buildings, which cannot be captured in a single standard-format image.
9. Exceptional image quality with approximately 10.1 effective megapixels
Coupling approximately 10.1 effective megapixels with the high-performance Pentax zoom lens, the Optio E90 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged to bigger sizes, the user is assured of sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
10. Optical 3X zoom lens covering angles as wide as 31.5mm
The Optio E90 comes equipped with an optical 3X zoom lens covering focal lengths from approximately 31.5mm to 94.5mm (in the 35mm format). Its 31.5mm wide-angle coverage is particularly handy when in a confined space but photographing breathtaking landscapes, magnificent structures or group snapshots. Coupled with the Intelligent Zoom function, which allows even tighter zooming in on the subject without compromising image quality, the user can extend the zoom range to approximately 17.1 times.
11. Other features
- Large 2.7in, high-brightness colour LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots for comfortable viewing of images and menus
- Recording of beautiful movie clips (640 x 480 pixels) almost equal in quality to those recorded by a video camera
- World-time function to keep track of local time for 75 cities in 28 time zones around the world
- Image recovery function to retrieve accidentally erased images
- High-speed continuous shooting mode to record 16 images (fixed at 640 x 480 pixels) in a mere two seconds
- MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax image viewing, editing and filing software included (compatible with latest operation systems, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
The Pentax Optio E90 will be available from February with an RRP of £79.99. For more information please visit the Pentax