Pentax release a new compact packed with features but sporting a no-frills design. The Optio H90 features an optical 5x zoom lens, a 2.7in LCD monitor and features such as Face Detection and digital filters.
The Pentax Optio H90 will be available from February with an RRP of £129.99.
Pentax are pleased to announce the launch of the Pentax Optio H90 digital compact camera, combining a functional, no-frills design with essential user-friendly features - including a high-performance wide-to-telephoto 5X optical zoom lens, approximately 12.1 effective megapixels and a large, easy-to-view LCD monitor - all within a compact, lightweight body that fits comfortably in the photographer’s hand.
1. Impeccable design, derived from the pursuit of functionality
The Optio H90 sports a simple, functional design, with straight lines and easy-to-push round control buttons, efficiently positioned for easy access. High-quality aluminum alloy is used in the camera’s upper front section, while the entire lens barrel is coated with matte black paint; and the grip is shaped for a firm, comfortable hold.
2. Optical 5X zoom lens for wide coverage from wide angle to telephoto
Despite its compact dimensions, the Optio H90 features a high-performance optical 5X zoom lens covering focal lengths from 5.1mm to 25.5mm (equivalent in the 35mm format to approximately 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto). Thanks to this wide zoom range, the Optio H90 can be used for a wide variety of subjects and scenes — from spectacular landscapes, awe-inspiring architecture and group shots within confined spaces, to tightly cropped snapshots from a distance. When coupled with the Intelligent Zoom function — which allows for even tighter zooming in on the subject — the zoom range can be extended to approximately 31.3 times.
3. Exceptional image quality
Combining 12.1 effective megapixels with the Pentax-developed high-performance imaging engine - assuring faithful colour reproduction - the Optio H90 delivers stunning, high-quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged to larger sizes, the user is assured of detailed, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
4. Large, easy-to-view LCD monitor
Despite its compact body, the Optio H90 features a large 2.7-inch high-brightness colour LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots. Large images and menus also allow quick access to the desired settings and adjustments.
5. High-quality HD-proportioned movie recording
The Optio H90 captures beautiful, high-definition-TV-quality movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels). It also comes equipped with the sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode, which automatically compensates camera shake during movie shooting with the help of exclusive software, making it possible for everyone to enjoy high-quality movie shooting with minimal effort.
6. Automatic face detection for effortless snapshots
The Optio H90 features the sophisticated Face Detection AF & AE function, a great tool for casual shooting. This user-friendly function instantly and accurately detects up to 32 faces in the image field, then optimises focus and exposure settings within a mere 0.03 seconds — even when some of the faces are tilted or turned sideways. The Optio H90 also comes equipped with other convenient features to assist the photographer in capturing beautiful snapshots, including: the Smile Capture mode that automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile; and the Blink Detection function that warns the photographer when the subject’s eyes close at the time of shutter release.
7. Other features
- Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) mode to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting
- Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of one of eight shooting modes for optimum results
- Digital filters, including Toy Camera and Retro, to add distinctive visual effects to recorded images
- D-Range setting to prevent whitewashed (overexposed) and blacked-out (underexposed) areas in an image
- Auto-tracking AF mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject
- Digital Panorama mode to create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
- Digital Wide function to compose an extra-wide-angle picture (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 21mm lens in 35mm format) from two images
- Frame Composite function (with 90 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
- Image Recovery function to recover accidentally erased images
- MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax software for image viewing, editing and filing (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
- Eye-Fi connected: optimised for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards
The Pentax Optio H90 will be available from February with an RRP of £129.99. For more information please visit the Pentax