Pentax announce that it will distribute the Pentax Remote Assistant camera
control software to users of the Pentax *ist D digital SLR camera via the Internet.
The software can be downloaded free of charge from the Pentax Web site www.digital.pentax.co.jp
beginning on March 18, 2004, for Windows users and after mid April for Macintosh
The Pentax REMOTE Assistant is designed to expand the capabilities of the Pentax
*ist D when the camera is connected via USB cable to a personal computer with
the software installed. Advanced functions and user-friendly features that the
software offers to *ist D users include:
- Remote shutter release and interval shooting from the computer. (The interval
shooting function is available only in combination with a computer.)
- Direct uploading and filing of captured images onto the computers
hard disk drive, without having to store them on the cameras memory
- Setting and adjustment of basic and auxiliary functions, including user-selectable
custom functions, on the computer.
This software is equivalent in English only.
- OS: PC running Windows Me (with ASPI driver version 4.70 or later), Windows
2000 or Windows XP (Home Edition / Professional); Macintosh running OS 9 (9.0
or higher with CarbonLib version 1.5 or later) or Mac OS X (10.1.3 or later).
- CPU: Pentium III or later (Windows); PowerPC G3 or later (Macintosh).
- Memory capacity: over 256MB.
- Hard disk capacity: over 70MB.
- Display: 24-bit full-colour monitor capable of displaying approximately
16.77 million colours at 1024 x 768 resolution.
- A standard USB port required.
- A computer with Windows OS or Macintosh OS pre-installed.