Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Phase One Releases Capture One Express 7 - Phase One has launched Capture One Express 7 RAW processing and image editing software.
Phase One has launched Capture One Express 7, the raw processing and image-editing software that gives photographers a head start to ultimate image quality.
Built on the world’s most advanced image processing engine, Capture One Express 7 delivers stunning out-of-the-box image quality with excellent color and fine detail from a camera’s raw files.
Capture One Express 7 offers the essential tools to import, convert, organize, adjust, share and print superior-quality photographs in a fast, intuitive workflow. It includes many of the advanced features found in Capture One Pro 7, like noise reduction when shooting in low light, the ability to recover details in shadows and highlights, plus fast and flawless black and white conversions.
“Whether professional or enthusiast, we believe that dedicated photographers shooting raw will immediately see the Capture One Express 7 processing advantage,” said Linda K. Poulsen, Software Marketing Director, Phase One.
“While we’ve introduced a simplified interface with this release, we’ve included many advanced features,” said Jacob Frost, Teamleader R&D, Phase One. “As always, we’re driven by our passion for helping our customers achieve the best image quality results.”
Capture One Express 7 provides tailor-made camera profiles that bring out the best in each supported camera, including Canon, Nikon, Leica, Sony, Olympus, Samsung, Fujifilm, Phase One, Mamiya-Leaf, as well as the new Fujifilm X-Trans models to name a few.
What's New in Capture One Express 7:
Advanced Image Quality Tools
Taking advantage of the renowned Capture One 7 raw processing engine, image quality is excellent at default settings. Improved OpenCL support means faster image processing. New and improved adjustment tools offer greater control for more creative possibilities:
- Get more detail out of shadows and highlights with the new HDR tool;
- Punch up the color and reduce haze with the new Clarity tool;
- Automatic lens correction for selected lenses ensures image accuracy;
- Convert color to black and white instantly; no need for extra steps or plug-ins.
Capture One Express 7 introduces a catalogue structure that helps to organize, find, compare and select your images. A catalogue contains all the necessary information to find and display any image added to it, including how the images are organized in the catalogue and what visual adjustments have been made to them.
- An importer tool simplifies file import from libraries saved in earlier versions of Capture One Express;
- Advanced file naming ensures consistent organization; search and filtering options ensure that you can always find your images quickly and easily with specific criteria;
- Use color labels to rate your best shots;
- Browse, view and adjust images even when the original files are offline.