Photo of nude model's wobbly bits causes a storm - An image from a women's magazine has caused a media storm and is loved by women worldwide.

Category : Industry News

Glamour magazine model
The image that sparked the story.
In magazines we're used to seeing images of tiny-framed models decorating the pages. But when a women with wobbly bits turned up on the pages of one glossy magazine it seems the world breathed a sigh of relief.

This photograph of an 'ordinary'  woman has appeared on fashion blogs, news pages and even national news stations across the globe.

Lizzie Miller's 3in photograph appeared in a recent issue of Glamour magazine and it has received plenty of praise from the magazine's readers and other people around the world.

The magazine's website was inundated with comments such as: "The model in the picture was awesome. Just seeing her sit there looking like I do without clothes, with such a positive projection, let me take a minute to realise that my beauty lies within, not what you see on the surface."

And: "A refreshingly honest, real, and unpretentious photo. She seems at ease in her own body and exudes confidence. Simply a beautiful woman!"

The magazine is now planning to run a follow-up feature in November's issue.

So what do you think? Is the photograph worth all the hype? Do you think we'll see more images like this in the pages of fashion magazines?

Comments

Kris_Dutson e2
12 8.2k 1 England
4 Sep 2009 10:36PM
I can just see all the skinny models having wobbly bits photoshopped in now. Wink
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2009 11:21PM
Personally I think the Dove series of adverts were very good at showing natural beauty in women of a variety of shapes and sizes.

Will this spark more similar images, perhaps but possibly just for a fad.

I get the impression the biggest drivers for the perfection look come from women's magazines, and you probably need to kill off those "oh look here is someone famous with a flaw lets knock them down" articles first.
Goggz e2
7 2.3k 72 Wales
5 Sep 2009 10:18AM

Quote:I would.
Ditto Wink
sey e2
6 1 Israel
5 Sep 2009 1:21PM
About time! Real women.
5 Sep 2009 6:00PM
nobody is perfect but what I notice a lot is the women with weight on etc are called (REAL) women how silly is that, there are naturally very slim women with great bodies who can eat like men and not put weight on but they are still very much (REAL) women.
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
6 Sep 2009 4:29AM

Terry.
Britman e2
8 1.7k England
6 Sep 2009 11:27AM

Quote:I would much rather have a partner who is happy with herself and her life than someone who is constantly dieting and excersising, keep it real girls, be proud of who you are and you can expect the love you get from others to be genuine, do you really want to be paraded around as arm candy?

Terry.

I'll second that.
Hugeknot 9 1.2k 2 Iceland
7 Sep 2009 10:09AM
I have some naked photos of myself with all the wobbly bit if anyone is interested??
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2009 3:43PM
And if more women(and men) realised they are desirable each in their own way then we would have far more chances to shoot good photo's with these new found confident 'real' models.