The Photogene for iPad app has a wide selection of photo editing tools, with the user interface designed to make it quick and easy. It is available to download now for just £1.99.
Photogene For iPad App Features
- Crop and straighten
- Sharpen and noise reduction
- Full set of colour adjustments (including levels and curves)
- Red-eye correction and healing tool (remove unwanted blemishes or spots)
- Clarity slider
- Clone tool
- Copy edit operations from one photo and apply the same edits on another photo
- Special effects such as reflection or vignette
- Apply filters or colour adjustments by "painting" them on specific areas of a photo
- Add text boxes or bubbles of different styles, colours and fonts
- Artistic filters such as sepia or charcoal
- Frames in various shapes and colours, including shadows and glows
- Wide selection of presets that instantly transform your photo into a work of art
- Create and save your own custom macros
- Multiple undo and redo
- View EXIF metadata, including geo-tagging
- Give captions to the photos in your library
- Resize your photos as you export them
- Add date-stamp to your exported photos
- Export several photos at once
- Save to Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, Evernote, Tumblr FTP or email
- Transfer photos to another iPad/iPhone with Photogene
- Photogene Collage Maker
- Supports various RAW formats
- Supports an export resolution of up to 8 megapixels (21 on iPad 2)
Photogene For iPad App Performance
The Photogene app features many presets which allow you to add an effect to your image, examples of which are below. To further edit your photo you can crop, rotate, straighten, add adjustments, add further retouches, add text and enhance, all from the options along the bottom of the screen. If you make a mistake there are undo, redo and original buttons.
Omer Shoor Photogene For iPad App Sample Photos
One of the most pleasing aspects is that you can save full sized images up to 8 megapixels (21 on iPad 2). For the review we have set a maximum size of 1000 pixels, ideal for uploading to the ePHOTOzine Photography Gallery
. The export button is on the top bar and when in the image library area you can select multiple images to upload in one go.
To create a collage, you simply select the photos (maximum of 6) you wish to include and the app puts them together itself. You can then edit it as you choose. There are three templates available, but you can purchase an extra 61 for just £1.49. You can also edit the outline and change the ratio as well as add text buttons. Collages have a maximum overall size of 2048px and can be exported in exactly the same way as individual images.
Photogene For iPad App Verdict
Using the Photogene app is great fun and delivers impressive results. It's great that file size isn't limited to the same degree as many of the apps on the market too. If you enjoy editing photos on the iPad, for just £1.99, the Photogene app is a must-have.
|The Photogene for iPad app is fun to use, gives great results and is excellent value for money.
Photogene For iPad App Pros
Exports high-resolution images
Collage feature is great
Works with certain RAW files
Exports to loads of places
Photogene For iPad App Cons
Doesn't have layers
|VALUE FOR MONEY
The Photogene For iPad App
is available from the iTunes Store for £1.99. For more information please visit the Omer Shoor