Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
HIPA Launches Photo Comp At Parachuting Contest - Hamdan International Photography Award launches competition at the World Parachuting Championships.
The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) has launched "The best photograph competition" at the 2012 World Parachuting Championships Mondial in Dubai. The competition was launched on 28 November 2012 and will run until the penultimate day of the championships.
Ali bin Thailth, the Secretary General of HIPA, said: "The best photograph competition was a direct request from His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai. We have designated $25,000 as prize money for the competition, which will have 5 winners. The first placed winner will be awarded $7000, the second placed winner receive $6000, the third place winner receives $5000 and so on."
Bin Thalith continued: "The competition is open until 8 December 2012 and the winners will be announced on the final day of the Mondial which is the following day. If any photographers wish to take part in the competition or have any enquiries on the rules and guidelines they can visit our stand at the Mondial or get in touch with us via our social networking websites or hotline."
Submissions are eligible from any visitor at the 2012 World Parachuting Championships Mondial and a maximum of 3 submissions is permitted per participant.
Rules and Guidelines:
- All participants are obliged to sign the "Acknowledgment of ownership and discharge of the award from any intellectual properties" sheet, and hand it to the HIPA stand at the Mondial.
- Submissions are accepted on CD or USB flash drive and must be handed to the HIPA stand at the Mondial.
- Photographs submitted must be of high quality and be suitable for publication. They must also be in JPEG format and be no less than 2Mb in size.
- Competitors must follow basic ethical and legal standpoints in their submissions and not violate or offend issues such as human rights or environmental protection.
- All submissions must be untagged and free of any form of signature, initial or logo that the photographer may have added.
- It is HIPA’s legal right to use the winning photographs for promotional purposes. Any promotional work would be done through print, publishing and other forms of written or visual media.
- HIPA’s judging panel hold the authority to turn down or reject any submission without having to give notice or explanation to the submitter of the photograph.
- Any submission not adhering to the above rules and guidelines will be deemed ineligible for competition.