Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Made to impress - Picaholic introduce a newly developed, state of the art website system.
Picaholic have announced the re-launch of their web system. If you are a creative person, having a sleek website is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity.
“My Picaholic experience all started after my biggest client decided to use another photographer. Naturally I was pretty infuriated and did my research to find out who it was. Once I got this guy's URL I hurried to pick apart anything I could. After the 100% countdown graphic appeared I new I was in trouble because those websites you know are going to be cool.”
"After the full page photo came up and then the really clean and easy to use interface appeared, I had to bow out and agree that this guys site was truly a more professional portfolio and way more appealing than my site”. Amir Magal - Fashion Photographer
Flash has always been cool, but rejected by many due to its inability to be indexed by search engines not to mention the high price.
Picaholic leads the industry in high impact flash websites for a fraction of the cost without having to forgo search engine visibility.
“I was getting traffic, but couldn’t keep them there. I switched to Picaholic, and in fact climbed 6 spots to the number 1 position on Google” Kellee Cruse – Jewellery Designer - Santos Wish
Thanks to its modular design, Picaholic offers some serious creative options, such as full screen video backgrounds, streaming audio and large images, all without compromising speed. They do this by giving each module its own engine and load priority. This means site visitors can start browsing through the site quickly, without having to wait for a background video or audio to load.
Further, Picaholic has introduced a unique multi-layering system, which provides superior creative control. Think of layers as transparent sheets stacked one on top of the other. Each layer can have its own set of colors, images and even video playback.
Picaholic offers clients a cutting edge website that marries design, web standards, and usability.
For a low monthly fee, Picaholic members gain unlimited access to a CMS (content management system) where they:
- Choose from a range of designs – Carefully crafted and put together to allow someone else to put their own personal touch and engage their audience.
- Be Creative - The only system on the market that enables layers (like transparent sheets stacked on top of one another). Each layer can support its own set of images, videos or solid colours.
- Change their mind – switch between templates with a single click.
- Make each page stand out - Give each section of your site its own look and feel. Upload different backgrounds, audio, colours and more.
- Upload unlimited images - Unlike other systems on the market, we do not restrict the number of pages your site can have. In fact, we have developed an intuitive menu system that can support unlimited menu and sub menu items.
- Add high impact images and video - Upload images and videos that leave an impression. Our system supports can display them as large as 1000x600px.
- Add background music - Enhance the atmosphere of your site by uploading background music to the whole site or page specific. Using smart load technology we ensure that the background music does not affect the overall performance of your site.
- Add video playback - Add videos, show reels, and presentations to your site at a 1000x600 pixel resolution. All videos are streamed using FLV (Flash Video). Flash Player is found in more browsers than any other player. Flash Video works on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. Flash works in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
- Sit on top-notch servers - Your site will reside on load-balanced servers with super fast T1 connection. All our servers are monitored 24/7 by an external party to ensure maximum uptime and hacker safe operation. All sites are backed-up daily.
Plus much more.
For more information, please visit the Picaholic website.