Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Plug in to PictoColor - PictoColor have released inCamera 4.5 digital camera and scanner ICC profiling software plug-in for Photoshop CS3.
MN-PictoColor Corporation, a leading developer and distributor of colour management products, has released inCamera 4.5 for Photoshop CS3, a new version of it’s acclaimed digital camera and scanner ICC profiling plug-in. This proven digital camera and scanner profiling software features an easy to use interface and a User Guide that explains how to successfully create and use ICC input profiles in Adobe Photoshop.
inCamera is designed to help the digital photographer achieve consistent, predictable colour with any digital camera or scanner. It employs proven colour management technology to describe, with mathematical precision, the unique behaviour and colour properties of any digital camera or scanner through a process known as profiling. Utilizing the GretagMacbeth ColorChecker or the new ColorChecker Semi Gloss (SG) charts for digital cameras, and the HutchColor HCT or IT8 targets or ColorChecker charts for scanners, inCamera evaluates the colour data captured by the camera or scanner, compares the data to the known colour values of the chart, and creates a custom ICC profile. The profile may then be applied to all images shot or scanned under similar conditions correcting the colour distortions of the camera or scanner to produce a colour corrected and profiled image ready for use in any project.
Even though inCamera makes the colour right relative to the known reference standard, we all know that colour reproduction is every bit an art as much as it is a science. There may be times when you wish to intervene in the process, providing guidance as to how colours should be handled. This is what profile editing is all about. ICC profiles created with inCamera may be edited to suit your preferences with easy-to-use correction tools in iCorrect EditLab Pro, a companion plug-in to inCamera, also available.
inCamera can also be used to profile scanners for negative film, heretofore an untouchable area of colour management, because of the unavailability of targets for negative film. The process, based on the digital camera profiling technology and the ColorChecker charts, is described in the inCamera User Guide, an integrated on-line guide to creating and using input profiles in a Photoshop ICC colour managed workflow.
- Fully Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Plug-in SDK
- Universal Binary for Macintosh
- Native support for Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh
- Supports NEW ColorChecker SG: Additional gray scale steps provide accurate control of camera balance
- Supports the HutchColor HCT target from Hutcheson Consulting: Has around twice as many patches as IT8.7/1 & 2 (‘IT8’) targets, a better sampling of dark colors and almost three times as many grayscale steps
- Provides additional reporting on quality of image of the chart: Noise reporting and Lighting Uniformity reporting
- Custom Light Source Selection for optimizing your profile for your light source: If you are using one of the ColorChecker charts and you have selected a spectral data reference file, you can optimise your profile for your light source
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista
- Mac OS X, v 10.2.8 - 10.4.8,
- Photoshop CS2, CS3,
inCamera may be purchased at PictoColor’s secure on-line store for $199.95 (around £100) as a software download.