Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Plug into PictoColor - PictoColor have released iCorrect EditLab Pro 5.5 Colour Correction Plug-in for Photoshop CS3.
PictoColor Corporation has released iCorrect EditLab Pro 5.5 Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop CS3. The new version of the award-winning colour correction software features full compliance with the latest Photoshop Plug-in SDK (Software Development Kit) from Adobe as well as support for Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh. Free upgrades are available for registered users who purchased iCorrect EditLab Pro Plug-in on or after January 1, 2007.
New features include:
- Fully Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Plug-in SDK
- Universal Binary for Macintosh
- Native support for Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh
- Support for Adobe Photoshop CS3 Smart Filters
- Improved support for Photoshop selections and layers
- Now supports huge documents - images larger than 30,000 x 30,000 pixels
- Enhanced SmartColor technology for improved automatic colour correction
Since its introduction in 2002, iCorrect EditLab Pro has become an indispensable colour correction tool for many digital photographers and photo labs. It offers a revolutionary, yet simple, straightforward, and intuitive way of optimizing the colour of any digital picture. It is also actions-enabled for automatically applying customized correction parameters to a group of pictures taken under similar lighting conditions.
iCorrect EditLab Pro’s unique SmartColor approach to colour correction involves the following features:
- Auto colour balance for automatically removing unwanted colour cast
- Custom neutral balance controls for defining preferred neutrals
- Auto tonal range for automatically setting black point, white point and grey point
- Auto brightness, contrast and saturation adjustment to automatically correct exposure
- Independent shadow and highlight adjustments
- iCorrect Memory Colours—predefined memory colours automatically correct skin tones, foliage, and sky
- Create, edit, and add custom memory colours.
- SmartColor analyses image and sets best correction starting points.
- Corrected image is profiled into selectable RGB colour space to colour managed workflow
- Create, edit, and apply ICC input profiles
- Automatic Black and White conversion
- Automatic Sepia Tone conversion with advanced toning controls
iCorrect EditLab Pro also includes sharpening and noise removal technology for enhanced image quality and productivity. Plus, iCorrect EditLab Pro’s tradition of fast and easy colour correction and colour editing is bolstered by its advanced automatic black and white conversion and sepia toning tools for creating sophisticated artistic effects while adding additional levels of expression to any image.
iCorrect EditLab Pro may be purchased at PictoColor’s secure on-line store at for $99.95 (around £50) as a software download. A free downloadable demo version is available at also available at the website.