Plustek, a global leader in imaging and communication products, today launches the OpticFilm 7500i AI and 7500i SE, high-resolution film scanners, capable of scanning 35mm slides and negatives. The 7500i AI and SE models are Plustek’s first Mac compatible film scanners and offer a high optical 7,200dpi resolution featuring multi-exposure function for negative film as well as a multi-sampling feature that reduces noise. Each model comes with specialist software to further enhance the scan quality and speed. The OpticFilm 7500i AI and 7500i SE are priced at £395 and £223 excluding VAT, respectively.
The scanners are easy to use and are ideal for digital imaging enthusiasts, photographers, and home office users for tasks such as enlarging photographs, converting slides into high-quality images for magazines and other printed material, digitising collections of slides to create digital libraries, as well as posting and sharing images on the internet.
The OpticFilm 7500i SE includes a new multi-exposure scanning function for negative film. Producing a high quality, detailed scan, multi-exposure accentuates fine details found in highlights and shadows, such as reflections and textured surfaces and also helps to eliminate noise.
The OpticFilm 7500i AI comes with a SilverFast 35mm IT8 Target calibration, which can generate ICC profiles enabling the scanner to be calibrated using a standard colour target. SilverFast also generates its own internal calibration, enhancing colour accuracy.
The multi-sampling function on both scanners enhances scan quality by minimising noise found in the image caused by varying factors such as low-level lighting or low resolution images. In operation, the unit quickly scans the slide four times with each scan generating four separate readings of the noise level on the image. These are then automatically averaged out to produce the final high-quality scan.
Providing a 48-bit scanning capability, both scanners support recognition of literally trillions of different colours. The result is a highly accurate colour repetition when compared to the original with even subtle details such as shadows and highlights being picked-up.
Also included is an illuminated slide viewer, that means slides can be examined before being scanned. Two film holders are also provided for mounting slides and filmstrips.
The OpticFilm 7500i SE includes the following software:
- SilverFastSEPlus 6.5 iSRD ME – world class professional scan software The SilverFast6.5 SEPlus (MultiExposure) software provides enhanced powerful functionsuch as Multi-Exposure, Auto Adjust, USM, SilverFast Basic, NegaFix,Selective Color Correction, iSRD, plus many more.
- NewSoftPresto! PageManager 7.10 – award-winning photo/image management software,which supports over 100 popular applications, including colour optimalcharacter recognition and full-text indexing functions
- NewSoftPresto! ImageFolio 4.5 - comprehensive multimedia image-processingsoftware which creates new images or enhances existing ones usingImageFolio's powerful image-editing tools
The OpticFilm 7500i AI includes the following software:
SilverFastAi IT8 Studio V6.5 iSRD ME – targets for more professional users. TheSilverFast 6.5 AI Studio (MultiExposure) iSRD software provides enhancedpowerful function such as Multi-Exposure, IT8 Target, Auto Adjust, USM,NegaFix, Selective Color Correction, iSRD, SoftPrint, and many more
- NewSoftPresto! PageManager 7.10
- NewSoftPresto! ImageFolio 4.5