Pompidoo Release The Multifunctional DSLR Handbag

Pompidoo Release The Multifunctional DSLR Handbag - Pompidoo have created a stylish handbag that doubles as a DSLR bag.

Category : Bags, Cases and Straps

Words By Emma Kay.

A new style of camera bag looks set to revolutionise the way women carry their DSLR.

pompidoo bag

Baltic photographer Irina Kuzmina has created pompidoo, a versatile handbag that fits a DSLR in as well as all your keys, purse and other essential items.

Made from natural leather, the bags are designed to provide easy access to your camera, while still remaining elegant and stylish.  Pompidoo say the bags are designed for the busy everyday female photographer, and they address several common issues that women photographers have, such as feeling like a tourist with a huge camera bag or worrying that thieves will target them because of their equipment bag.

pompidoo 2

The 'camera handbag' is available in a variety of colours and is priced at €284.99 (around £251.00).

Pompidoo also say they're in the process of creating a male version of this multi functional handbag, so watch this space. For more information, go to the Pompidoo website.

Comments

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
10 Aug 2011 9:59AM
I can't wear red. Do they do them in yellow..??? Wink

(T'would appear not Sad)

crookymonsta e2
6 685 10 England
10 Aug 2011 10:24AM
All that weight on one shoulder? No thanks!
JJGEE 9 6.2k 18 England
10 Aug 2011 10:50AM

Quote: worrying that thieves will target them because of their equipment bag.

Surely a bright red handbag is likely to attract even more attention ?

PS
The two ladies that run the company look stunners though..... they can carry my camera "handbag" any day Wink
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2011 11:00AM
Very nice but way too expensive for me - will stick with my Lowepro Smile

(oh gents don't worry - they do six colours - Wink )
SlowSong e2
5 4.2k 28 England
10 Aug 2011 11:18AM
I don't think they've done too much research. I'd never carry a bag like this. The wrong shape, a bit cramped and far too expensive.
11 Aug 2011 9:37AM
What a cool bag! And from leather...expensive but veeery desirable!

Don't know about research, I just love it!
Suehh e2
7 39 6 England
11 Aug 2011 11:46AM
Do they do shoes to match???
davey_griffo 5 213 165 England
11 Aug 2011 12:45PM
251.00??!? Only a woman would spend that much on a bag. And no doubt on the matching shoes (I'm surprised Pompidoo don't offer them as an option. A marketting opportunity missed there).
11 Aug 2011 9:58PM
I have lots of velcro dividers from different camera bags. I am going to make a trip to the craft store and try to modify a handbag I have for the (many) times when I don't want to carry my camera bag. Might be fun. I love the bag, though.SmileSmile