Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Canon Pro Photo Solutions Show 2010 - Canon release further information about their Pro Photo Solutions Show.
Canon today announced further details about the Pro Photo Solutions Show on 26th and 27th October 2010 at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London. Aimed at video, broadcast and still imaging professionals, visitors will experience Canon’s complete “workflow solution” from image capture to output.
Last year’s inaugural show attracted over 2800 professionals, with expectations of 2010 being even more popular. This year’s show has been designed to be the largest and most comprehensive exhibition of Canon’s professional imaging products. The show aims to educate and inspire visitors with demonstrations of how this technology and that of compatible products can be used by professionals in their workflow to generate increased revenue and business.
Entrance to the show will be free for all those who pre-register on-line, or £8 on the door during the show.
Register online at: Pro Photo Solutions.
Due to the popularity of last year’s show seminar programme, Canon will be running an additional seminar room. Confirmed speakers for this year’s event include Phillip Bloom, Thorsten Milse, Clive Booth, Dan Cheung, Jonathan Scott, Ben Osborne, Brett Harkness, Nik Software Sennheiser, British Press Photographers Association, Institute of Videographers, London Photographic Association and Mathew Lloyd – the winner of Times Young Photographer of the Year 2009. Seminars are free and entrance is on a first come first served basis.
The show will feature a live professional kitchen hosted by chef and food writer Alex Rushmer – one of the last three finalists in the BBC’s MasterChef 2010. Mark Moreve, Director of Photography will be running live demonstrations in the HD zone using Canon’s latest XF 305 professional camcorder and the EOS 5D Mark II.
The live studio will be at the centre of the show, and Andy Kruczek, Gary Fong and David Newton will be running live shoots and demonstrations including on-camera flash, studio lighting and shooting in available light.
Additional areas will include:
- Individual zones for: EOS DLSR cameras, DPP software, EF Lenses and accessories, Professional Camcorders, Broadcast Lenses, Large Format Printing, PIXMA and SELPHY printers, PowerShot and IXUS HS cameras, LEGRIA camcorders, scanners, projectors, binoculars and calculators.
- Canon Professional Services Zone; The CPS team will be on hand to give technical appraisals of images, open new CPS memberships, upgrade and downgrade firmware and run Canon diagnostics on shutter actuations. There will be a gallery of images printed on Canon large format printers, showcasing the phenomenal detail and resolution in a current campaign by photographer Clive Booth.
- Informal seating areas will offer a place to log on, network and catch up.
- The CPS team will also be running a programme of live demonstrations of Canon features including Wi-Fi, flash, and EOS Utility.
- Lens Gallery; view the exhibition through Canon’s range of super telephoto lenses.
- Canon broadcast lenses; demonstrations of a wide, telephoto and High Definition lenses.
- Projector zone featuring Canon’s 3D offering.
- Portfolio reviews from renowned professionals.
- Gallery Area featuring: Canon Ambassador images. Press Photographers Year images from their recent show at the National Theatre. The Times Young Photographer of the Year 2010.
The Times Young Photographer of the Year 2010
The winner of this prestigious competition sponsored by Canon will be announced during a VIP reception to be held on the evening of the opening day. Images from the six finalists will be shown in the Gallery Area of the show. Paul Sanders, Picture Editor of The Times says: “The Times Young Photographer of the Year competition is the most important prize in news photography for aspiring young photographers. The previous winners have all established themselves as very successful news photographers, and with the backing of Canon for a second year running the profile of the event is now even higher. The final six on the shortlist all show an understanding of news and display an eye for a good picture as well as showing potential to grow as photographers. We look forward to announcing the winner at the Canon Pro Photo Solutions show”.
Visitors will also be able to try and buy at the show from a wide range of companies who provide tailored products, services and solutions to professionals. Confirmed retailers include ASK Electronics, Jacobs Photo Video, Calumet Photographic, Park Cameras, The Flash Centre, Camera’s Underwater.
Confirmed exhibitors include Hassleblad, OnOne, Apple, Wacom, Lee Filters, Professional Photographer Magazine, Páramo Directional Clothing, Rotolight, Nik Software, Manfrotto, Photo Pro Magazine, Roscolab, Shiraz Software, Newpro, Planet Video, Sennheiser, Hahnemuhle, Lux S Studio Décor, Lastolite, Creative Video Productions.