Flaghead Photographic have a new way for you to control Nikon and Canon speedlites up to 600 feet away from the camera. The Qlink is a wireless control that uses radiosignals to control the speedlites and the QLink will not just fire the remote speedlites, but allows control in TTL, Manual and Auto modes as well as the setting of ratios.
How it works:
- Speedlites: The QLink shoe adaptor fits over the hot-shoe of the flash and a cable connects to the Quantum FreeXwire receiver FW8R.
- Camera: fit a Quantum Trio or Pilot to the camera hot-shoe, this has now become the master controller for any amount of Nikon, Canon or Qflash units within range. The Pilot allows 3 groups to be controlled independently and the Trio 2.
Advantage of using radio waves:
- Radio triggers don’t get swamped by high ambient light levels
- Have a greater range: up to 600 feet
- Have no need “line-of-sight” issues
- Work in bright sunlight
- Receivers can be placed behind doors, walls, people and/or furniture
Pricing and availability:
Both the QLink for Canon speedlites and the QLink for Nikon speedlites are priced at £114.00 including VAT and will be available from the end of June.