Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The Reallusion Big Lens app allows you to set the aperture, blur levels and adjust background light to make your iPhone pictures even more creative. There are also a number of lens filters available. The software claims to turn your iPhone into a Digital SLR, find out in our review.
- Smart Focus System - use your finger tips to focus your images without any previous knowledge in Depth-of-Field. You can use basic geometric shapes or a lasso tool to auto-focus your target, or you can choose advanced mode to manually define your focus area.
- Aperture Control - instantly change the blur level of the out-of-focus area. 9 unique lenses that allow out-of-focus light points to blur into shapes like hearts and stars.
- Filter Effects - 18 filters that allow users to enhance color, increase contrast, or add Lomo effects.
- Instant Focus/Blur Tool - instantly modify the focus and blur area with your fingers. Enhance and retouch focal areas to make the subject of your photos really pop.
- Before & After Preview - review your images at any time during your make-over process.
- Save images - save in the Camera Roll in full size or can share through e-mail, Facebook, Picasa or Dropbox in 960x720.
When you have selected your area you can then change the f-stop (selecting from f/1.8, f/2.0, f/2.8, f/3.2 and f/3.5). To further enhance the photos there you can add a filter of a special lens to change the out-of-focus area into blurred shapes. Following this you can fine tune the focus and blur then send your photo by email, upload to Facebook or keep it on your iPhone.
Below are examples of the filters available on the app.
|Cold||Red Sepia||Blue Sepia|
|Green Sepia||B & W||Pop Warm|
|Pop Cold||Dark BG||Sepia BG|
This picture has been taking setting the lens to f/3.2, using the Lomo2 filter with the star lens.
|The Reallusion Big Lens App is great value for money, easy to use and works really well.|
Reallusion Big Lens iPhone App ProsEasy to use
Adds a different look to your iPhone photos
Costs just £0.69
Selecting area to keep in focus is a touch tricky
Reallusion Big Lens iPhone App Cons
|VALUE FOR MONEY|
The Reallusion Big Lens iPhone App is available from the iTunes Store for £0.69. For more information please visit the Reallusion website.