Reallusion, Inc., a pioneer in advancing 3D animation and facial imaging technology, today announced the launch of iClone 3.0, the latest release of their popular and critically acclaimed animated filmmaking software. This new version answers the call for lightspeed pre-viz creation and professional Machinima production.
Rising to popularity among gamers turned filmmakers, creating movies with virtual worlds, and MMORPGs like Second Life, World of Warcraft and Half-Life 2, iClone blends the interactive control of videogames with sophisticated filmmaking tools to serve up an animation powerhouse for filmmakers who need to tell their stories without the hassle of months creating 3D models or the need for a roomful of animators.
iClone 3 delivers animation footage quickly and cost-effectively, which is why Machinima filmmakers and their one-person studios rally around its “Play-to-Create” mantra. Among more sophisticated users, the application has also become indispensable to seasoned pros, educational institutions and filmmakers in search of a reasonable cost and robust alternative.
“Using a major application for pre-visualization is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The answer to this problem is software like iClone; these real-time engines are based on the same graphics technology familiar to game players.” Commented Alan Marques, Instructor, London Film Academy and Member, Visual Effects Society (Credits include “GoldenEye”/Werner Herzog’s “Invincible”)
In addition, iClone 3.0 sets a new standard for dynamic directing in real-time filmmaking. A dual-engine environment separates Directing and Editing into two modes allowing users to wear different hats during their production.
In Editing Mode, users set the stage with 3D actors, record or import voices for automatic lip-sync and facial animation, select and edit props, add rich scenery and atmosphere with special FX, select and edit actor motion with IK/FK, and frame their shots with multiple fixed and animated cameras. All Editing Mode elements are controlled with precision across the non-linear Timeline Tracks.
In Director Mode, control is redefined with the blend of videogame interaction and live vehicle and avatar puppeteering recording. Actors come to life with assignable personas to determine the type of puppet motion performance they will portray when the cameras roll. As the scene action plays users puppet their actors through the scene with videogame-like keyboard movement, mouse-look or with a gamepad for the ultimate Play-to-Create experience.
- Two Production Modes: Editor Mode and Director Mode. Use Editor Mode to Create your scene and define your actors and Director Mode to command how your Actors and iProps move (just like playing a videogame) Further, use the Editor Mode to do fine-tune editing and export your footage.
- Right-Click Menu System: Each type of object has its own list of actions and tools, just right-click to bring up the object menu and your options for editing & interactivity are there. The Right-click system keeps you from having to search everywhere around the user interface for the right tool.
- DramaScript: An action script that allows users to define custom interactivity. DramaScript is data used to associate a hotkey and right-click menu operation to control live actor movement, movement on the terrain, how your sit on a chair, or drive a car, even ignite an explosion, etc.
- Tab Track Editing: Record what you play, and rerecord what you don't like. You will find the yellow highlighted action segments when you tab or reverse tab the playbar. The segments in the play bar correspond to the active selected object or actor. Tab Track Editing helps you to easily jump to a motion editing point, delete old or record new motion and do it all from the main play bar.
- Multi-Actor Timeline Editing for Pro users: Forget Ctrl+F7, now you can easily drag and drop your actor into the scene and every actor has its own set of timeline tracks for control. iClone 3 actors now have so much more to say with the new Multi-Actor dialogue system.Now everyone can talk to each other or simultaneously.
- Content Creation Pipeline: Plug-in for 3DS Character Studio to generate character motions. Zbrush to generate normal maps with the iClone 3 actor templates allow you to create actors with wrinkles or better body definition and muscle tone.
- Pre-Viz: Storyboarding inside iClone puts stories in motion, producing more than stills to convey the imagination of the storyteller. The combined flexibility and efficiency with compatibility with industry standard 3D development tools allow iClone to be a killer app inside any studio.
- Import Models & Motion: iClone can import models and motion from 3D Studio Max, Character Studio, Zbrush, Poser, DAZ Studio, Google SketchUp and 3D Warehouse, or popular model libraries like TurboSquid and Renderosity. Supporting file formats for import include: 3DS, OBJ, SKP and BVH.
To accommodate the application needs and budget requirements of a broad range of users, Reallusion offers two versions of iClone 3.0—all are Windows® XP and Vista™ compatible:
+ iClone 3.0 Standard is your tool for creating simple, fun and entertaining 3D animations, complete with such features as, multi-actor editing which allows you to drag and drop your actor right into a scene, simplified sequence editing, enhanced motion editing, 3D object manipulation, multi-camera manipulation, enhanced lighting, multiple production modes, and more, all complete with HD-sized video and Flash video output to multiple platforms. Available for £54.99 (VAT exclusive)
+ iClone 3.0 PRO is the ultimate edition of iClone, intended for those who are serious about productivity and quality output. Its exclusive features include advanced timeline editors to fine tune all movie elements with precise timing, speed, parameter change and loop control. iClone 3 actors can converse with the multiple actor facial animation and lip-synch tracks for sophisticated dialog management. The actor motion-building system layers poses with motion clips, and provides smooth blending results for fluid actor animation. The more advanced DramaScript capability combines export animation segments with a set of directions to build custom interactive 3D content. Available for £119.99 (VAT exclusive)
for a 30 day free trial and to see more products from Reallusions.