Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
1. Optical 15-times zoom lens with 24mm wide-angle coverageThe HZ15 features an optical 15-times zoom lens covering focal lengths from 24mm wide-angle to 360mm super-telephoto (in the 35mm format). It also offers macro photography at a minimum focusing distance of three centimetres from the subject.
2. State-of-the-art shake reduction mechanismThe HZ15 comes equipped with an innovative CCD-shift-type SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism to deliver sharp, blur-free images even under camera-shake-prone shooting conditions, such as when photographing in the telephoto range, in the dark with only incidental light, or for sunset scenes.
3. Exceptional image qualityWith 16 effective megapixels, the HZ15 captures well-defined, high-quality images with extra-fine resolution.
4. Stylish, easy-to-hold body designEvery design detail of the HZ15, including the finish and texture of the camera body, has been optimised for comfort, quality and operability. These include a glossy black coating on the body, an easy-to-hold grip, and functionally laid-out control buttons and switches.
5. Large 3.0-inch LCD monitorThe HZ15 features a 3.0-inch LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots. This large monitor provides a clear view of images and menus, so the photographer can quickly and efficiently check the captured images and menu settings.
6. 20 Scene modes for easy capture of specific subjects and scenesThe HZ15 provides 20 distinctive Scene modes to automatically optimise all shooting settings for a given scene or subject. With a simple choice of the icon corresponding to the desired Scene mode, this feature allows the user to take images with minimal effort.
7. High-resolution, HD-quality movie recording with push-button startThe HZ15 captures HD-quality movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels, 16:9 proportions, approx. 30 frames per second).* Thanks to an independent movie recording button on the camera’s top panel, the user can instantly switch to the movie recording mode from any other shooting mode. The user can also take advantage of the sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode to minimise annoying camera shake during movie recording.
8. Other features
- In-body recharging system, for simple, mobile-phone-style battery recharging
- Compatibility with Eye-Fi wireless LAN SD memory cards
- Image viewing, editing and filing software included: MediaImpression 3.6.1 LE (Windows version compatible with Windows 8) and MediaImpression 2.2 LE (Macintosh version compatible with Mac OS X 10.8)