Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Roxio announces downloadable versions of Toast Titanium and Jam - Free update for existing Toast 5.x customers also available
What's New in Toast 5.2.1
The latest Toast Titanium 5.2.1* update has many improvements and fixes including:
- a new CDDB2 submit feature
- improved VideoCD export compatibility with iMovie 3
- improved 4x recording performance with Pioneer DVD-R drives
- fixed AppleScript error during transfers from iView, Panic, and CD SpinDoctor to Toast
- fixed Toast online help formatting issues with Jaguar help system
Toast Titanium 5.2.1 includes all the new features introduced with version 5.2, including:
- Mac OS 10.2 Support: Compatibility with Jaguar!
- Support for 52x recorders, enabling users to get the most out of their hardware
- CD-Text Support: Toast 5.2 writes CD-Text information for album name and track information to recorded audio discs, if the recorder supports burning CD-Text. This information is viewable in CD audio players that display CD-Text.
- Enhanced VideoCD QuickTime Codec: The Toast VideoCD codec has been enhanced to support multiple G4 processors, speeding the encoding process. It also offers more accurate preservation of color and contrast.
- Enhanced Quartz text rendering for improved interface usability.
System requirements are Mac OS 9.1 or later, or Mac OS X version 10.1.2 or later. Please note that the updates will NOT install on a machine where Toast 5 Titanium is not present.
Pricing and Availability
For existing Toast 5.0 Titanium customers, the Toast 5.2.1 Titanium upgrade is available for free here. Toast 5 Titanium is available for a suggested retail price of £59 at retail stores.
The Toast 5.2.1 Titanium downloadable version can be purchased directly from Roxio for £54.99 here.
The Jam downloadable version can be purchased directly from Roxio for £44.99 here. Jam requires Toast to exist already on the Macintosh before installing.