The next great 3D movie won’t feature blue creatures, talking toys, or even mad hatters. More likely, it will involve a baby’s first steps, a daughter’s graduation, or a grandmother’s seventieth birthday.
Roxio have today ushered in a new era in personal media with the release of Creator 2011, the world’s first digital media suite to offer a comprehensive feature set for capturing, editing, creating and sharing personal 3D photos, videos, and projects. Making it easy for enthusiasts and beginners to immediately add a dynamic new dimension to family memories, Roxio Creator 2011 allows users to convert standard 2D digital photos and home videos into amazing 3D content, so they may generate immersive, personalised 3D multimedia productions from their existing digital media libraries.
Roxio Creator 2011 also supports emerging 3D formats, including those used in popular 3D theatrical film releases, as well as 3D-enabled capture devices, computers, HDTVs, and accessories. Consumers may import stereoscopic content directly from 3D cameras and other capture devices and then create personalised 3D productions complete with transitions, titles, effects, and a sound track that can be viewed on the PC, enjoyed on a 3D-enabled HDTV, or posted and shared via YouTube.
“We believe strongly that 3D will not only change forever how we experience Hollywood movies, but also reshape and redefine how we capture and enjoy our personal digital media,” said Matt DiMaria, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Roxio. “Creator 2011 is a truly ground-breaking application that offers consumers a gateway to personal 3D and the opportunity to bring a new level of realism to their cherished family memories.”
Users of Roxio Creator 2011 may immediately begin to experiment with 3D out-of-the-box without additional investment using their existing 2D content, standard computer system and monitor, along with the anaglyph glasses included in the retail package. Roxio has also collaborated with leading technology firms driving 3D such as ATI, NVIDIA, and RealD, to ensure Creator 2011 is fully compatible with the latest 3D-enabled cameras, systems, displays, technologies, and formats, as well as a full-range of accessories including 3D glasses.
“Today’s digital 3D has forever changed cinema and we share Roxio’s belief that it will also have a dramatic impact on the small screen,” said Steve Shannon, Executive Vice President of RealD Consumer Electronics. “We welcome this opportunity to partner with Roxio in fuelling the 3D consumer electronics market by delivering cinema-quality 3D experiences to the home.”
As well as introducing a full-range of features for 3D content creation and sharing, Roxio continues to expand and enhance the full complement of video, music, photo, authoring, and burning applications that have made the Roxio Creator line the market’s leading digital media suite. The additional capabilities in Roxio Creator 2011 focus on enabling consumers to quickly improve their media, create personalised media projects easily, and access their content on more connected devices.
Roxio Creator 2011 offers a completely new application for protecting family memories, as well as Roxio Streamer, which turns a home PC into a powerful media server. Roxio Streamer enables users to securely access their media “from the road” via a browser. The application also supports both UPNP and DLNA, providing users the ability to also access media from the thousands of different DLNA-compatible consumer electronic devices including TVs, DVD players, and game consoles, as well as from any PC on their network.
Also new in Roxio Creator 2011 are a range of features and tools to help accelerate and simplify video creation and conversion, and make it easier and faster for users to generate higher-quality personal photo, DVD, and Blu-ray Disc projects. Simple functions have been included for quickly stabilising shaky home movies as well as rotating video clips between ‘portrait’ and ‘landscape’. Roxio Creator 2011 provides new options for sharing media on the Web and connected devices with a new upload-to-Facebook® feature and a pre-defined conversion settings for the optimal viewing of personal productions on the iPad. For those seeking more guidance, Roxio Creator 2011 offers an enhanced, built-in Learning Centre that includes dozens of new video tutorials and step-by-step instructional guides, including detailed information on how to get the best results when working with 3D content.
Consumers have helped make the Roxio product line the leading toolset for digital media with over 350 million units shipped worldwide. In 2009, Roxio digital media applications secured almost 50% category share in North American retail.
Fully Windows 7 compatible, Roxio Creator 2011 is available today from the Roxio
website for £49.99. Roxio Creator 2011 Pro, priced at £69.99, also includes the Blu-ray Disc authoring capability, a £14.99 value, as well as a set of additional award-winning applications valued at almost £250.00 SRP if purchased separately.
Roxio Creator 2011 New Feature Highlights:
Personal 3D Made Easy
- 3D capture from stereoscopic cameras (such as the Fuji W1)
- Import 3D files in common 3D formats, including side-by-side, over-under, anaglyph, and dual stream. In addition, Roxio Creator 2011 supports all standard 2D photo and video file formats.
- Simplified Storyline, as well as advanced 32-track Timeline 3D editing views and preview
- Full range of 3D editing options including trimming, title creation, narration, music tracks, and video correction features
- 3D-like transitions and special effects
- 2D to 3D real-time video conversion
- 2D to 3D photo conversion
- Authoring of 3D-enabled DVDs and Blu-ray Discs
- Save 3D video in a range of file formats (including RealD Format for a cinematic-quality personal home 3D experience)
- Direct upload of 3D video to YouTube
- Instant access to personal media content on your PC via the Internet and from a broad range of connected devices
- New iPad device support and easy publishing to Facebook
- Edit movies and create DVDs and Blu-ray Discs; now includes new video stabilization and video rotation tools.
- Additional project templates for instantly creating personalised DVDs, high-resolution calendars, cards, and more.
- New additions to built-in Learning Centre – direct access to dozens of video tutorials and printable step-by-step instructions for quick help when needed
- Support for iCore7 and iCore9 processors, ATI Stream, and NVIDIA CUDA technologies to reduce rendering and encoding times
Roxio Creator 2011 expands Sonic's Total 3D initiative aimed at furthering 3D personal media enjoyment as well as premium entertainment consumption in the home. Roxio plans to continue to introduce additional 3D-enabled products and services throughout the year targeted to consumers, PC OEMs, consumer electronics manufacturers, and retailers.