Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
RSPB are launching a photographic competition - The RSPB want your images of Northern Ireland's wonderful wildlife.
|Andy Hay (rspb-images.com).|
All entries must reach the RSPB by 1st November 2009.
The RSPB are launching a photographic competition called 'Nature's Hotspots' to celebrate some of Northern Ireland's wonderful wildlife and amazing scenery.
Simply send us your photograph, with a short caption telling us why this is a special image or what it means to you, and you could be in with the chance of winning some great prizes!
On 23 November, we'll host a photography exhibition at Parliament Buildings, Stormont, which will celebrate, and showcase the fantastic habitats and landscapes right on our doorsteps.
A selection of images from the competition will be on display and we will announce the winners in each category at the event.
Only images taken on designated ASSIs (Areas of Special Scientific Interest) will be considered. Please note you should always check public access before going onto an ASSI.
For further information on where designated ASSIs are, please visit the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) website.
1) Best Bird Photo; the winner will receive a framed print of a red kite by Lorna Hamilton
2) Best Wildlife Photo (excluding birds); a framed print of a long-eared owl by Julian Friars
3) Best Landscape/Habitat photo; £50 Cotswold Outdoor gift voucher
4) Under 16s category – any image taken on an ASSI; a trip to track the newly-released red kites in south County Down
Anyone under the age of 16 and submitting a photo must demonstrate parental consent before entering a photo.
Our panel of judges will also choose an overall winner, who will win a digital camera
How to enter
You can send in your entry by e-mail or post:
- E-mail digital files as JPEGs with a file size between 1 MB–5 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post digital files as JPEGs with a file size between 1 MB–5 MB on a disc to Rosanna Ballentine, RSPB Northern Ireland Headquarters, Belvoir Park Forest, Belfast, BT8 7QT
- Post prints of a maximum size of 12" x 8" on photographic paper to Rosanna Ballentine, RSPB Northern Ireland Headquarters, Belvoir Park Forest, Belfast, BT8 7QT.
Images can be in colour or black and white, and should have been taken since June 2008.
The same photo can only be entered once into the competition. The same photo cannot be submitted for different categories. Each entrant may submit up to a maximum of three separate photos.
Closing date: all entries must reach the RSPB by 1 November 2009.
Visit The RSPB: Northern Ireland for more information.