Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Samsung L700 - The feature-rich, point and shoot Samsung L700 was announced at CES in Las Vegas today.
Samsung Cameras today announced the launch of the L700. An ideal digital camera for shooters in search of a compact, stylish, metal body. The L700 offers 7 mega-pixel image resolution, a 3x optical zoom, a bright 2.5” LCD display and a suite of advanced video and editing features.
The Samsung L700 can record MPEG-4 video in VGA (640x480) at 30fps, for smoother video and a bigger view of the movie on LCD and TV screens. Users can also take advantage of the camera’s unique movie shooting functions, including a movie stabiliser, continuous video recording, improved in-camera video editing and the ability to use the 3x optical zoom while recording.
As with all Samsung digital still cameras, the L700 features a built-in image editing function allowing users to edit a variety of images without the use of a PC. The Trimming function can be used to cut an undesired part of an image and save only the required part.
Other features include:
- 11 scene modes including Night, Portrait, Children, Landscape, Close-up, Sunset, Backlight, Fireworks and Beach & Snow
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec
- 20 megabytes of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes
- Continuous Shooting mode and Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), enabling the shooting of a series of images with varying exposures
- Colour effects include B/W, sepia, blue, green and red
- An Auto Macro function that automatically adjusts shooting distance and focus
- Voice recording for up to one-hour, voice memo and One-touch Playback for instant playback of an image, even when the power is off.
The Samsung L700 will be available in early 2007.