Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Samsung step up - Samsung Cameras leaders in digital imaging and innovation is pleased to announce the release of the 7Mp L730 and the 8Mp L830.
These two easy to use digital compact cameras are the next generation models of Samsung’s popular L series cameras. Both cameras combine Samsung’s advanced image processing technology and Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, encased in a compact aluminium body.
Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, detects the subject’s face and automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits. The AF function instantaneously recognises the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them, then the AE function takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
Both models also feature 3x optical zoom, a bright 2.5” LCD display and a suite of advanced video and editing features.
Other features include:
- Movie mode lets users capture video, with or without audio, in one of four resolutions, from 320x240 to 800x592
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/1,500 sec for fast moving subjects
- An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
- Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
- 16Mb of internal memory, and both models accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4Gb
Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4) is also included in the box of both models enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera.
The Samsung L730 and L830 will both be available from the end of August with an RRP of £119 (L730) and £149 (L830).
Customers requiring further information should visit the Samsung website.