Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
A perfect package - Samsung Cameras, leaders in digital imaging and innovation today announced the release of the Samsung L83T, a perfectly packaged compact digital camera.
The L83T has a wealth of features packed into its slim aluminium body, including Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, Samsung’s proprietary ASR image stabilisation system, red eye fix and a variety of multimedia options.
The L83T offers superior imaging capabilities with 8.2Mp, 3x optical zoom and an ISO of 1600. It also features Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, which detects the subject’s face, automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits. The AF function instantaneously recognises the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them, before allowing the AE function to take over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
Samsung’s proprietary ASR image stabilisation system helps to capture the best possible images in lower light conditions. When enabled, Samsung’s Wise Shot automatically takes two consecutive pictures in rapid succession - one with ASR image stabilisation enabled, and one with the flash - and prompts the user to review both and keep the preferred version.
Other features include:
- A bright and vivid 2.5” TFT LCD screen
- Movie mode offering users the opportunity to capture video, with or without audio, in one of four resolutions, from 320x240 to 800x592, at up to 30 frames per second in AVI (MPEG-4) format.
- Image stabilization which can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur and images can also be edited in the camera
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec for fast moving subjects
- An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
- Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
- 19 megabytes of internal memory is included and the L83T accepts Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4Gb
Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4) is also included in the box, enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera
The Samsung L83T will be available from August 2007 with a two year warranty at an RRP of £179.
Customers requiring further information should visit the Samsung website.