Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Samsung NX100 preview - Will Cheung gets a hands-on first look, plus exclusive pictures!
Samsung have added another mirrorless system camera to their product range, the NX100. Coupled with the 20-50mm zoom lens, it is due to hit the shops at £429 and has been previewed by Will Cheung.
Mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras are the latest big thing in terms of camera innovation and they are proving very popular with photographers of all levels. Just witness the popularity of products like the Panasonic G series and the Sony NEX duo.
Read our preview and take a look at our exclusive pictures taken with the Samsung NX100!
Samsung are also in the mix with their NX10 and that camera has now been joined by the NX100. "The Samsung NX100 has across the board appeal," explained Paul Scott, digital imaging product manager of Samsung UK. "In terms of features, the NX100 will attract more experienced users because it is a fully featured system camera, while the fashion conscious will appreciate that it does not have the bulk of a DSLR but is still capable of higher quality results than a typical compact camera. They will also appreciate its good looks. The NX100’s body is contoured and curvy and that is a response to feedback from consumers and market research.
The Samsung NX100 - one to watch out for!
Samsung NX100: Specification
- Image sensor 14.6 Mega-pixels APS-C size CMOS sensor
- Useable lens Samsung Lenses
- Display 3.0in VGA AMOLED Display
- ISO Equivalent Auto, 100 - 3200, Extension settable : ISO 6400
- Shooting modes SmartAuto, Lens Priority, Program, Shutter Priority,
- Aperture Priority, Manual, Scene, Movie
- Scene mode Beauty shot, Children, Close Up, Text, Sunset, Dawn,
- Backlight, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Night, Portrait,
- Landscape, Sports, Sound Picture
- Movie recording 720P HD Movie Recording (H.264)
- Storage media SD, SDHC (Up to 32GB)
- EVF Optional
- GPS Geo-tagging w/ Optional GPS Module (GPS10)
- Battery life Still : 420shot , 210min (CIPA Standard) Movie : 130min
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 120.5 x 71 x 34.5mm (excluding the projection part)
- Weight 282g (without battery and Memory card)
- Samsung Standard Zoom Lens (20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED)
- Focal Length 20 - 50mm (equivalent to 30.8-77mm in 35mm format)
- Elements in Groups 9 elements in 8 groups
- (1 Aspherical lens, 1 Extra-low Dispersion lens)
- Aperture F3.5 - 5.6 (Min. F22), (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.28m
- Filter Size 40.5mm
- Dimensions 64 x 39.8mm
- Weight Approx. 119g