Samsung S1050 - 10MpPress release:
Samsung Cameras today announced the release of the S1050, a point-and-shoot digital camera with a premium quality 10.1 mega-pixel image sensor. Coupled with a super-sharp 5x optical zoom lens, the S1050 combines the hardware that demanding photographers require of a camera with intuitive ease-of-use.
The S1050 includes Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, which detects the subject’s face, automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits, and other shots featuring people. The AF function instantaneously recognises the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them. The AE function then takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
Users will be able to take advantage of the S1050’s speed and resolution in any situation - from taking landscape photos at dusk to shooting fast action sports photography. Razor sharp images can be delivered using Samsung’s ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction) system which helps to capture the best possible images in lower light conditions.
For maximum versatility, the S1050 can be powered by an optional Samsung rechargeable Ni-MH battery system, as well as available-everywhere AA alkaline batteries, making it the perfect choice for travellers and power users alike.
Other features include:
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec
- An ISO equivalent of 1600
- A bright 3.0” LCD display
- One-touch Playback for instant playback of an image, even when the power is off
- Aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual control is available
- 45Mb of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD, MML, SDHC) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes
- 11 scene modes including Night, Portrait, Children, Landscape, Close-up, Sunset, Backlight, Fireworks and Beach & Snow
- Colour effects include B/W, sepia, blue, green and red
- Continuous Shooting mode and Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), enabling the shooting of a series of images with varying exposures
- An Auto Macro function that automatically adjusts shooting distance and focus
- Movie mode lets users capture video in one of four resolutions, from 160x128 to 800x600, at up to 20 frames per second in AVI (MPEG-4) format. Image stabilization can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur
- Unlike other compact cameras, the S1050 features a moulded, ergonomic grip that makes framing, steadying, and shooting a breeze
- A built-in microphone allows a 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image