Samsung S730 in blackSamsung S630 in silverPress release:
Samsung Cameras is pleased to announce the release of the 6 mega-pixel S630 and the 7 mega-pixel S730. These two user friendly point-and-shoot digital cameras represent the next generation models of Samsung’s popular point-and-shoot digital still camera products. Both powerful, compact cameras combine Samsung’s advanced image processing technology and quality optics with a straightforward, uncluttered user interface and stylish ergonomic design.
The S630 and S730 simplify the picture-taking process to let photographers capture pictures without worrying about adjusting multiple settings. Samsung’s ASR image stabilization system helps to capture the best possible images in lower light conditions. When taking pictures outdoors, the S630 and S730 automatically detect environmental light conditions through the CCD and adjust the brightness of the LCD display for optimal image viewing.
For maximum versatility, the S630 and S730 can be powered by optional Samsung rechargeable Ni-MH batteries as well as available-everywhere AA alkaline batteries.
Other features include:
- A bright 2.5” LCD display
- Red-eye reduction capabilities
- 20Mb of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes (includes SD, MMC and SDHC)
- Dedicated modes for common-yet-difficult shooting situations, including Close-Up (to capture all of the detail at a subject at a close focal range), Sunset (to take advantage of soft, waning light), and Backlight (to compensate for a dark subject lit from behind)
- Movie mode lets users capture video in one of four resolutions, from 320x240 to 640x480, at up to 15 frames per second in AVI (MJPEG-4) format. Image stabilisation can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur when recording
- A built-in microphone allows a 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image
- Voice recording for up to one-hour, voice memo and One-touch Playback for instant playback of an image, even when the power is off.
- Includes Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4), enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera