Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
SanDisk introduce Sansa View - SanDisk have introduced Sansa View, their first pocketable video player with 4in widescreen display and SD/SDHC memory expansion slot for movies.
SanDisk Corporation today introduced its first widescreen portable media player dubbed the Sansa View. The flash-based Sansa View is a sleek, yet simple video player that supports a wide array of content formats and comes equipped with a flash memory expansion slot. The announcement was made at CES, where SanDisk is exhibiting in South Hall 4, booth 36206, in the Las Vegas Convention Centre through January 11.
While the Sansa View is a pocketable player, one of the slimmest on the market today, it features a large 4in widescreen display for optimal viewing. In addition to a DVD-like quality video experience, the Sansa View can display photos (up to 16Mp), play music, or even combine the two in a slideshow format. The durable player also comes equipped with an integrated speaker for watching and listening to any content on the player with a friend.
The Sansa View has 8Gb of internal flash memory to store up to 33 video hours or 2,000 songs or thousands of photos . Its flash memory expansion slot allows for additional memory capacity and playback of content found on SD and SDHC cards, such as Disney Max Clips.
"SanDisk is excited to unveil its first portable media device with remarkably rich video capabilities,” said Le Tran, SanDisk retail product marketing manager for the Sansa View. “The Sansa View is a sturdy, easy-to-use media player perfect for the road warrior or family looking for a video player that they all can enjoy.”
Detailed features of the Sansa View:
- Sleek, thin pocketable design– at 78.5mm x 123mm x 16.9mm (0.66in thick)
- Support for a wide array of video, music and photo formats
- Large 4in widescreen colour display
- SD expansion slot for additional memory capacity. Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash cards and the new SD High Capacity (SDHC) cards
- Slideshow capability for photos with the ability to add background music
- AV-output of audio and video content to a TV screen through a 30-pin connector (up to 1080i with docking station) or 3.5mm headphone jack
- Integrated speaker
- Simple interface with backlit controls for easy navigation
- Rechargeable, removable Li-Polymer battery
- Preloaded content, including full-length movies, short films, video clips, music and photos
- Works with most download and music subscription services, including Rhapsody, MTV Urge and Yahoo! Music
The Sansa View video player works with Windows Media Player 10 or 11 for syncing of content, and is designed to work with Windows Vista.
The player contains a removable Li-Polymer battery that provides up to four hours of continuous video playback and 10 hours of continuous audio playback . The battery can be replaced by the customer to provide many years of continuous service. A user-replaceable Li-Polymer battery, along with an extended-life battery, will be sold separately.
Retailing for $299 MSRP (around £150), the 8Gb Sansa View is expected to be available from retailers in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2007, with Canada and Europe to follow in the second quarter.
For more information on SanDisk products, please visit their website.