Shootsac lens bag

Shootsac lens bag - Jessica Claire has released the Shootsac, a new line of camera bags designed for male and female and photographers wanting to look hip.

Category : Bags, Cases and Straps

Press Release: Shootsac lens bag

The Shootsac is the first ever lens bag designed to be worn comfortably while you shoot. It holds 3-6 lenses and other shooting accessories safely and conveniently at your fingertips. And folds completely flat for super easy transportation and storage.

All the function you need

• Quick, one-hand access to your gear means you'll never miss a shot
  • 6 pockets keep lenses and other items at your fingertips and at your disposal
  • Super comfortable, lightweight, wetsuit-grade neoprene cushions your body and your equipment
  • Extra space for your cell, wallet, memory cards, flash and other shooting day “must haves”

All the fashion you want

• Ergonomic shape hugs your body so you feel sleek and mobile instead of clumsy and bulky
  • Slim design actually makes it less obvious that you are carrying camera equipment
  • True Coluor Covers let you change your look...as easily as you change your lenses

Comments

lobsterboy e2
10 14.1k 13 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2007 12:40PM
It's a Handbag!

csurry
12 9.2k 92
12 Jun 2007 12:44PM
Ah go on Chris, you know this is just want you've been looking for - a man-bag Smile

Not brave enough to publish prices in their press release.
csurry
12 9.2k 92
12 Jun 2007 12:47PM
Having just browsed the website:

Positives: Doesn't look like a camera bag

Negatives: Price $179 for basic bag - $49 extra or more if you want to customise with flashy material
Not going to work for wildlife or sports photographers.
User_Removed 10 3.3k Russian Federation
12 Jun 2007 3:09PM
It's aimed at the wedding and social crowd and is meant more as a walkabout bag than one for actually storing your gear in... I've read plenty about this one as Jessica is a member on another forum I visit.

Official website is here .

I'm gonna hold off on judgment until more people have had the chance to road test it - I've heard both good and bad things so far. I like the idea in principle...
dragarth 10 247 1 Scotland
12 Jun 2007 7:30PM
nice idea in principle... but thats what it's going to stay for that price..
then if i'm honest the "designer" tag was going to put me off anyway, not really my thing.
---
ChuckBrix 9 126 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2007 1:13PM
So I have 2 or 3 bodies and at least 3 bulky 2.8 lenses, a flashgun, a set of Lee filters and a lightmeter and a load of other stuff, yet it will make me sleek and mobile. And it folds flat for transportation, so do I buy another bulky bag to carry my gear in while this one is flat. Sounds like 'Emporer's new clothes ' to me.
deviant 10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2007 2:59PM
I am quite happy with my current camera handbag to be honest. I like the idea especially for social, street or wedding stuff. I'd have to see one really before I would have an opinion to be honest.
User_Removed 10 3.3k Russian Federation
13 Jun 2007 6:09PM

Quote: So I have 2 or 3 bodies and at least 3 bulky 2.8 lenses, a flashgun, a set of Lee filters and a lightmeter and a load of other stuff, yet it will make me sleek and mobile.

The whole point is that it's aimed at wedding & social photographers for a start. It's also aimed at photographers who are experienced & capable enough to have an idea what they're doing and therefore can anticipate what they're going to need to take with them and when they're gonna use it. It's not supposed to be a kit bag for humping everything around.

So, leave the 3rd body in the car, carry one in your hands with one lens, carry another over your shoulder with a different lens, leave the filters behind because they're not relevant, and think on your feet. Beats the hell out of doing a wedding with 32lbs of kit balanced on one shoulder...