Sigma User website launched

Sigma User website launched - The quality and popularity of Sigma's lenses, flashguns and other accessories along with their SD series of cameras goes hand in hand with the huge increase in the use of Digital SLR cameras over the last few years.

Category : Web / Internet

Sigma User website launched
Press Release:
Sigma are now leading the way with third party optics designed for these modern electronic cameras.
With this vastly increased quality, along with the number of ‘new’ photographers, we at SigmaUser.co.uk thought it was about time for a dedicated, independent website where users of Sigma’s equipment can exchange views, techniques, ideas and generally share their knowledge and show off their images.

So we have put one together!

It features:
  • All the latest Sigma news covered
  • Independent reviews of Sigma and other equipment
  • Articles by professional and amateur Photographers
  • A forum to discuss techniques, arrange meets and talk about photography in general
  • A gallery to post your best images
  • Regular competitions with great prizes from Sigma and others sponsors
  • Comprehensive answers to questions about Sigma products
  • Workshops, Events and meetings that SigmaUser members can learn from
  • A full product rundown
To get the best from the site you must register but registration is free to all.

Find us at www.sigmauser.co.uk
View Directory Page : Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd

Comments

LAF 11 1.7k
22 Sep 2006 3:01PM
It's nice to see support groups for these people being set up, even if it is only online at this stage. If it saves just one child from a lifetime of Sigma use, it will have been worth it.

22 Sep 2006 4:48PM
Love the wording 'Sigma are now leading the way with third party optics designed for these modern electronic cameras'

Top notch.
MeanGreeny 8 3.7k England
22 Sep 2006 5:52PM
*Stands Up*

Hi, My name is Simon, and I'm a Sigma User.

*Sits Down*

*Stands Up Again*

Sorry

*Sits Down Again*
perrism 9 6
23 Sep 2006 5:49AM
"To get the best from the site you must register"

Oh, OK, I won't bother looking at the site then. I got sick a long time ago of websites that - quite pointlessly - require user-names and passwords.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
23 Sep 2006 9:49AM
('sniff sniff'... lot of cynicism about today...)

Smile
Ade_Osman 11 4.5k 36 England
23 Sep 2006 12:46PM
Each to their own I guess, although if you totally dismiss some of the Sigma glass that's currently on the the market, then more fool you is all I can say!
Nikon users might have beards and sandals etc, but Canon users and yes that's what I use, are such bloody snobs!! If the lens hasn't got the "L" on the end of the descripton their simply not interested!
A shame really, but if they want to continue paying 2-3 times over the odds just because it has Canon written on the lens, well like I said more fool them!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
23 Sep 2006 2:27PM
(Sigh... My 'Hero'!)

A Beard and Sandles wearer - and a Sigma Camera user.

Grin))
tomcat e2
8 5.9k 15 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2006 5:17PM
Just had a browse through the Sigma site and have actually registered
Methinks it could be useful as presumably the only users will be Sigma owners
hobbs e2
10 1.2k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2006 9:38PM
It's interesting that the first cynical comment on this story came from someone who recently posted a picture with a Sigma lens.
24 Sep 2006 9:58AM
Interesting comment perrism, I'd love to know how you got around registering on ephotozine!

I've just had a look at the Sigma User site and I think it looks great. As a very keen Sigma User myself I think the idea of a support site like this is excellent!
JJGEE 9 6.2k 18 England
24 Sep 2006 2:03PM
Reading through the list of features removing the refernce to Sigma.

Forums
Post Images
Expert Advice

etc

I wonder where they got their ideas from !!?
CanonMan e2
12 474 3 England
24 Sep 2006 4:05PM
Nice bit of product placement going on too - THE book advertised as an ideal Christmas present!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
24 Sep 2006 5:02PM

Quote: Nice bit of product placement going on too

And what - pray tell - is wrong with that ?

Grin))