Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
New 100mm macro lens from Pentax - New weather resistant macro lens, the smc Pentax-D FA Macro 100mm f2.8 WR.
Pentax have announced the launch of the smc Pentax-D FA Macro 100mm f/2.8 WR, an interchangeable macro lens designed for use with Pentax digital and film-format SLR cameras. The new lens combines a high-quality exterior finish with Pentax-original weather-resistant construction for demanding outdoor photography.
Main features of the smc Pentax-D FA Macro 100mm f/2.8 WR:
- Quality exterior finish with high-grade aluminium barrel - This macro lens features a high-grade aluminium barrel, and its exterior design has been greatly refined from that of the existing D FA-series lenses, offering a more sophisticated, quality appearance. The entire mechanism of the focus ring has been reviewed and upgraded to enable flawless manual-focus operation.
- Simplified weather-resistant construction for greater reliability outdoors - The lens features a simplified weather-resistant construction, protecting the lens barrel from moisture. By mounting the lens on a Pentax weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it offers greater durability and reliability when shooting in conditions such as rain or mist. The lens also features the Pentax-original SP (Super Protect) coating on its front surface to repel dust, water and grease and to minimise fingerprints and cosmetic spots.
- Rounded diaphragm blade to produce a beautiful bokeh - The Pentax-D FA Macro 100mm f/2.8 WR is the first Pentax interchangeable macro lens featuring a completely rounded diaphragm blade. This creates a natural, beautiful bokeh, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources.
- High-quality image description - The lens offers a focal length equivalent to 153mm in the 35mm format. Inheriting the high-performance optics of the renowned smc Pentax-D FA Macro 100mm f/2.8 lens, it delivers high-quality, true-to-life images, while minimising flare and ghost images. Its maximum magnification of life size allows the photographer to capture dramatic close-up images with great ease.
- A working distance of 13cm (in life-size applications) to facilitate the shooting of difficult subjects, such as insects.
- The Pentax-developed Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- An image circle accommodating the image size of 35mm film-format cameras.
- Compatibility with the macro adapter included in the Pentax AF160FC Dedicated Auto Macro Flash.