Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Top of the range T - Sony have launched the top of the range T-series camera with the T100, featuring dazzling good looks and an 8Mp resolution.
Guaranteed to turn heads, the T100 boasts a durable all-metal case that’s just 22.3mm thin, with a sliding cover that safeguards the powerful 5x zoom. As an alternative to the brushed silver finish, there’s also a choice of red, black or chic red.
The T100 packs a formidable technological arsenal inside its couture casing. The camera is the heart of a complete High Definition imaging experience. Full HD quality (1080 line) still images can be printed or enjoyed with stunning quality on any BRAVIA television or HD-ready display (requires optional connection cable or HD docking station).
High Definition picture quality is assured thanks to the large 1 / 2.5 inch Super HAD CCD sensor with a resolution of 8.1 effective megapixels. The T100 is also the first T-Series Cyber-shot camera to include a 5x Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar® lens that gets closer to the action with the most powerful optical zoom performance found on any Sony compact camera.
An ideal partner for the camera’s powerful 5x zoom lens is Sony’s Double Anti-blur technology, which teams image stabilisation with an extremely high sensitivity of ISO 3200 (REI*), allowing the T100 to capture clearer, blur-free images indoors or in difficult low light conditions without flash.
It’s the first ever T-Series Cyber-shot to feature Face Detection technology (along with the new T20). The T100 can recognise and track up to eight human faces in any one scene, automatically optimising focus, exposure, flash and other settings for beautiful portraits and group shots under any conditions – even in low light or with moving subjects.
The T100 is also one of the first Cyber-shot cameras featuring the BIONZ imaging processor. Previously found only on the Sony á100 Digital SLR camera. This powerful processor assures improved picture quality plus responsive, high speed operation. For even more refined, fuss-free imaging, Dynamic Range Optimiser (DRO) technology automatically adjusts contrast and exposure – even with tricky back-lit scenes and other problem shots.
Flipping the T100 over reveals a super-large 3-inch Clear Photo LCD plus screen where images can be viewed with exceptional detailing, contrast and colour accuracy. Slide Show mode displays stored images in sequence with a choice of musical accompaniments and transition effects. Connect the T100 to any BRAVIA television or HD ready display (requires optional cable) and Slide Shows with music can be enjoyed in 16:9 widescreen format.
The big 3-inch screen also makes it easy to improve your pictures further with a range of in-camera retouching features – without the need for transferring images to a PC. Trimming and red-eye reduction are completed by soft focus filter, cross filter, part colour filter and fish-eye filter effects.
Bundled accessories include Picture Motion Browser Ver 2.0 software for easy image management; wrist strap; rechargeable battery and charger; and USB/DC?in/AV-out multi cable.
To fully enjoy the High Definition experience use the optional Cyber-shot station CSS-HD1. Just place the Cyber-shot T100 on the station and use it for real HD slideshows. It will also charge your camera and comes supplied with all the necessary connectors and a remote control for ease of use. Another affordable option for the full HD experience is the VMC-MHC1 cable that plugs directly to your Cyber-shot and allows for full HD playback through your television. Other optional accessories include a range of high quality genuine leather cases in a variety of colours to match your camera and personality. Also available is a spare Lithium Ion rechargeable battery (NP-BG1), and a Marine Pack for use down to 40m under water (MPK-THD).
- 8.1Mp resolution
- High Definition, Full HD 1080 output for displaying still images on an HD Ready television or display (using optional cable)
- 5x optical zoom, 8.5x HD smart zoom, 10x digital zoom, up to 25x smart zoom
- Super large hybrid 3in (7.5cm) Clear Photo LCD plus screen
- Slim, stylish metal body with sliding lens cover – silver finish, also available in black and red
- Double Anti-blur technology combining Super SteadyShot and ISO 3200 high sensitivity (REI)
- Face Detection automatically tracks and focuses on faces in the picture
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- 1cm macro for ultra close-up shooting
- BIONZ processor for improved picture quality and high speed operation
- DRO (Dynamic Range Optimiser) technology for automatic correction of contrast and exposure In-camera retouching including red-eye correction and trimming
- HD slideshow with music for 16:9 playback on camera’s LCD screen or connected HD television STAMINA battery life up to 340 shots (CIPA standard with LCD screen on)
- MPEG Movie VX (VGA 30fps movie mode with audio)
- PictBridge for direct connection to printer without need for PC
- Easy operation with an on-screen function guide
- 28Mb internal memory
The Cyber-shot T100 will be available throughout Europe from the beginning of March 2007.