Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
World first for Sony Ericsson - Sony Ericsson launch C905 Cyber-shot, the first ever 8.1Mp camera phone.
The C905 is Sony Ericsson’s first Cyber-shot slider and its most advanced camera phone yet. With an 8.1Mp camera and real camera flash amongst its cutting-edge capabilities, it offers easy photo-taking in a phone that derives its looks from a digital camera and offers the picture quality to match. In comparison the S302 Snapshot is for those who want it all at an affordable price – good looks, must-have features and a pocket-sized slim design.
“The C905 Cyber-shot and S302 Snapshot have been developed to make us all better photographers! That means making it easier to take great shots and never missing that magic moment.” said Sven Totté, Head of Imaging Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “Although both have photography at their core, the phones are very distinct; the 8.1Mp C905 is a viable alternative to a digital camera and the S302 is perfect for those who don’t want to miss a moment and like to send or Bluetooth their photos to their friends.”
The new Sony Ericsson C905 Cyber-shot:
- Complete digital camera experience on a phone – true digital camera styling and an 8.1Mp camera with Xenon flash
- Outstanding picture quality – complete with face detection auto-focus, smart contrast and image stabiliser
- From baby’s first steps to an amazing sunset; store them all on the 2Gb Memory Stick Micro (M2) included
- The USB adaptor (CCR-70) provided in-box allows for easy transfer of your photos to-and-from your PC
- View high-quality pictures on the phones impressive 2.4in scratch-resistant mineral glass display
- Share your memories – send your photos wirelessly from your phone to your TV via Wi-Fi (using DLNA), or connect with wires using the TV-Out Cable ITC-60, also announced today
- Upload photos to your own online blogsite or print your photos with fantastic resolution up to A3 size
- Much more than a camera phone - GPS-enabled for geo-tagging of photos and navigation support.
The new Sony Ericsson S302 Snapshot:
- Slick and slimline with a stylish design and a premium, high-gloss finish
- 2.0Mp camera with an easy-to-learn camera menu. Use the S302 just like you would a digital camera
- Photo light and Photo fix – useful photo functions to help you get the shots you want
- Capture the action - video recording and playback
- Room for your entire photo album - up to 20Mb internal memory and Memory Stick Micro (M2) support
- Transfer photos easily via USB, Bluetooth or Memory Stick Micro
Building on Sony Ericsson’s camera phone heritage, the C905 Cyber-shot phone and S302 Snapshot are all-round performers that maximise their camera credentials. The S302 introduces a premium looking, yet affordable phone with a snapshot camera at-hand when needed. The C905 is a powerful 8.1Mp camera phone that looks, feels and acts like a real camera.
The C905 Cyber-shot will be available in three colours (Night Black, Ice Silver and Copper Gold) in selected markets from Q4 2008. The S302 Snapshot will be available in Crystal Blue and Thunder Grey in selected markets from Q4 2008.
For more information please visit the Sony Ericsson website.