Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Stitcher Version 5 launched - Realviz, a leader in image processing software development, have confirmed they will begin shipment of Stitcher Version 5, their multi award-winning panorama software, this month.
Stitcher operates smoothly and easily with Adobe Photoshop, the reference application in image editing, for maximum control and the freedom to personalise and create the kind of panoramas each individual requires. Internationally acknowledged by serious photographers as a 'must have, Stitcher offers an enhanced range of features specifically tailored to meet the demands of the professional user, including the ability to:
1) Create spherical, cubic, cylindrical & planar panoramas
2) Deliver the highest quality renderings for film and print with unlimited resolution
3) Manage high distortion for perfect stitching regardless of lens type
4) Create interactive panoramas with the QuickTime VR Hotspot feature
5) Use templates to stitch photos almost automatically for fast turnaround of panoramas
6) Provide a rich color precision for photographers & film makers with 16-bit/channel colour support
7) Retouch panoramas in your favorite image editor, then convert them in Stitcher and deliver an interactive format, giving complete artistic control
8) Deliver to the Web, 3D, and print with multiple export formats including Cubical QuickTime VR
Dominique Pouliquen, Realviz CEO, said: This latest and much anticipated version of the software is not only a breakthrough in technological terms full automatic stitching is now offered for the very first time - but it is also solid proof of our ongoing commitment to our many users throughout the world.
He added: Stitcher 5 has been specifically created by our engineers as a direct response to the feedback and needs of professional photographers who are using this product in their daily work.
Stitcher 5 represents a considerable advance on the current version of the
software, with a range of exciting new features, including most notably the
introduction of a full automatic stitching engine, as well as a completely
new user interface, with a full-screen 3D window to maximize the working
area. The complete new feature-set of Stitcher 5 includes:
1) Full Automatic Stitching Engine
2) New User Interface
3) Live Preview: real-time preview of selected projection mode
4) Manual Control Points to handle complex cases
5) 3D Stencils: edit your stencils directly in the working area
6) Import of Photoshop (.psd) masks
7) Intuitive Panorama Conversion
8) Real-Time Preview in the render area
9) QuickTime VR Scripts
10)Render Set Management
Dennis Biela, President & Owner Lightspeed Media, said: I have been using Stitcher for a long time now, and with every new version of the software it just keeps getting better and better. I love the new interface of Stitcher 5. The "live preview" and the automatic stitching engine are a major help to anyone who does a fair amount of VR photography. Stitcher has helped my workflow tremendously over the years.
Another user of Stitcher software, Michael Eleftheriades, Architect/Photographer at Media Synthesis UK Ltd., said: "Stitcher 5's new stitching features provide unparalleled manual as well as automated control in an application that continues to lead as the premier visual stitching environment available today."
Stitcher Version 5 will be available in English and French for Macintosh and Windows at a price of 499/$580. Existing owners of Stitcher 4 may upgrade to version 5 for 210/$250, whilst owners of earlier versions of Stitcher may also trade-up to Stitcher 5 for 250/$290. For more information click here