Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Syngenta International Photography Award Launch - $65,000 in prizes and a professional commission up for grabs in the Syngenta photography award.
Photo © Marcus Lyons.
The Syngenta Photography Award, a new international competition that aims to stimulate dialogue around key global challenges, is now open for entries.
Both professional and amateur photographers can enter this year's competition which has the theme "rural-urban".
The competition will be judged by a distinguished international panel chaired by award-winning South African photojournalist Jodi Bieber.
The other members of the panel are:
- Irina Chmyreva - curator and researcher of photography
- Stephen Dunbar-Johnson - publisher, International Herald Tribune
- Milton Guran - curator and photographer
- Malu Halasa - writer and editor
- Marcus Lyon - photographer
- Mike Mack Syngenta - Chief Executive Officer
- Liu Heung Shing - photographer and photo editor
The winners of the Syngenta Photography Award will be announced at an exhibition in London in May 2013.
For more information and to enter, visit the Syngenta Photography Award 2012 website.