Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Tascam Launch Stereo Microphone For DSLR - Tascam has launched a new stereo microphone system especially for DSLR camera filming.
Tascam has announced the launch of the TM-2X stereo X-Y pattern cardioid microphone dedicated for use with DSLR cameras. Featuring the same high-quality cardioid microphones made popular by the company’s hand-held digital recorders, the TM-2X is the ideal solution for digital film makers to combine high-quality audio with high-definition video.
The TM-2X is fitted with a pair of high-quality X-Y pattern cardioid microphones that are able to rotate horizontally 180 degrees. Equipped with a switchable low-cut filter and a two-stage output level adjustment to adjust for varying cameras input levels, the body is mounted on a floating support structure to eliminate handling noise, which can be attached to a camera via the standard hot shoe mount.
For additional noise isolation, the TM-2X ships with an isolation arm to distance the microphone from camera lens auto-focus noise and place it closer to the audio source being recorded. For outdoor recording, the also included furry-windshield can be attached.
Tascam TM-2X Main Features:
- High-grade stereo condenser microphone for high-quality sound recording with DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
- Can be mounted directly to the camera accessory shoe and swivelled by 180 degrees to capture sound sources in front or behind the user.
- Tripod attachment screw-hole (1/4-inch) to place the microphone apart from the camera.
- XY orientation for clear stereo definition and minimal phase differences.
- Accepts high sound pressure level up to 125 dB SPL.
- Switchable input sensitivity for optimum performance with any camera model.
- Switchable filter to minimize unwanted low-frequency noise.
- Operates with plug-in power – no battery required.
- Noise isolation arm included to reduce possible noise being recorded from the camera’s lens or stabilizer mechanisms.
- Fur windscreen included to reduce noise being recorded in outdoor situations.