As part of Magezine Publishing's continued growth, we are looking for a technical editor* to join our team, working on our successful range of products, including www.ephotozine.com
We're after an enthusiastic, self motivated individual with a passion for photography and an in-depth knowledge of product, past and present. You should have talent, digital expertise, vision, enthusiasm and a strong desire to make our products even better.
If that sounds like you and you can answer yes to most of the questions below, we would like to hear from you.
Do you have:
- a passion for photography and a talent for taking great images?
- a thorough knowledge of camera equipment - past and present?
- good image editing software skills?
- good writing skills?
- an ability to evaluate camera equipment and tell what's good and what's bad?
- a high level of creativity and innovation?
- outstanding communication skills whether face to face, by telephone or by email?
- bursting with ideas and enthusiasm?
- highly organised, efficient and cool under pressure?
- a self-starter who can prioritise and work autonomously?
- take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the editorial portfolio?
- set and ensure editorial standards are met and exceeded?
- conceive, develop and implement ideas for new editorial features on a regular basis, to benefit and grow our online audience?
- ensure the editorial team delivers original, compelling and engaging online photography content including news, features, techniques and reviews on a daily basis?
- keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends and translate these into results for our organisation and audience?
- build relationships with leading photography opinion formers and be a figure-head for the products?
The successful person will gain valuable experience in journalism, web site development, photography and digital imaging by working for a publisher with many years experience in these fields, and one which leads the way. The job is a full-time position based at the Magezine Publishing offices in Shireoaks nr Worksop (within an hour from Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Lincoln and Nottingham).
To apply please first e-mail with a brief outline of your experience and why you think you are right for the job, enclosing a CV as a word attachment to email@example.com
*Although we are advertising for a technical editor we would also consider an editor position.