Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Pentax is pleased to announce the launch of the Pentax-06 telephoto zoom, an interchangeable telephoto zoom lens designed for exclusive use with the super-compact Q-mount digital interchangeable-lens cameras.
This is a high performance telephoto zoom lens featuring a large F/2.8 maximum aperture.
The third release of the high-performance Q-mount lens series, this telephoto zoom lens covers focal lengths between 83mm and 249mm (in the 35mm format) and a maximum aperture of F2.8 throughout its entire zoom range.
Thanks to its retractable design, the lens is designed to be super-compact and ultra-lightweight, it is the perfect partner for the pocket-sized Q series cameras. Since its focal-length range is linked to that of the Pentax-02 Standard zoom lens, the photographer can enjoy seamless zoom coverage from wide angle to telephoto by combining these two zoom lenses.
1. Telephoto zoom lens.The large aperture of this zoom lens provides the photographer with a number of benefits including a bokeh (out of focus) effect and the use of faster shutter speeds to reduce camera shake during shooting in dimly lit conditions. When mounted on a PENTAX Q, it covers focal lengths from 83mm medium telephoto to 249mm telephoto (in the 35mm format) to accommodate a wide range of subjects and applications, including portraits, sports events and landscapes.
2. Exceptional image rendition In order to optimise image rendition, this zoom lens incorporates two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one super-low dispersion glass element in its optics to effectively compensate for chromatic aberration over the entire zoom range.
3. Super-compact, ultra-lightweight design Measuring 56 mm in length and 50 mm in diameter and weighing a mere 90 grams, this zoom lens is designed to be extremely compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry and use. By turning the zoom ring to the click-stop storage marker positioned next to the 15mm focal-length index, the front portion of the lens can be retracted and locked into the lens barrel to further reduce its overall length.
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system
- SP (Special Protect) coating applied to the front surface of the optics to block dust and dirt
- The AF motor installed in the lens barrel assures smooth, quiet focusing operation. The lens shutter mechanism prevents rolling shutter effect and synchronizes with the camera’s built-in flash.
- The lens is also equipped with a built-in ND (neutral density) filter, which comes in handy when shooting with open aperture in bright locations or when using slower shutter speeds
The Pentax Q Telephoto lens will be available from mid-October. RRP £249.99.
PH-RBA 40.5mm - A round shaped, plastic lens hood for exclusive use with the Pentax-06 telephoto zoom lens.
For more information, visit the Pentax website.
Pentax 06 Telephoto f/2.8 15-45mm Zoom Specifications
|Focal Length||15mm - 45mm|
|Angle of View||9.9° - 29°|
|Min Aperture||No Data|
|35mm equivalent||83mm - 249mm|
|Internal focusing||No Data|
|Box Contents||No Data|