With this workshop course you will be taught the basic skills a wedding photographer needs by Terry Hewlett, a fully qualified full-time wedding photographer from which you will gain the confidence to capture stunning wedding images and start to create unique wedding albums for your clients.
The two day workshops/courses are conducted in the picturesque surroundings of a beautiful 1878 Beechfield House/hotel that is used as a wedding venue just a stones throw from the picturesque national trust village of Lacock. The course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to shoot a complete wedding with confidence. You will have the opportunity to photograph a bride in the surroundings of Lacock Church as well as extensive use of the venue.
The course will take you from an understanding of your digital SLR through to photographing a bride and groom as well as the wedding day workflow. You will be taught the fundamentals of composition and perceptive vision. You will understand how a successful professional wedding photographer works his digital workflow, Photoshop techniques and creates magazine style albums.
What you will learn:
- What makes a great wedding photographer
- How to conduct and complete a wedding photo shoot like a professional
- How to organise and develop a strategy for preparing and shooting a wedding
- Creative control and perceptive vision and the art of seeing and understanding the quality of light and using it to your advantage
- Six hours shooting time with a bride and groom
- How to use and balance correctly portable flash with ambient light
- Post Production work - Digital Workflow including Photoshop and how to create stunning magazine style wedding albums
A 23 page PDF wedding photography booklet will be provided to each delegate via email after the course completion.
This is a portfolio course and will include location work. Day one will be internal shots, ambient light with flash in the venue and also in Lacock Church. Day two will in the grounds of the venue (Beechfield House) developing your skills for posing and lighting.
The course costs £295.00 per person including all tuition, model release on your images, buffet lunch, tea and coffee on both days.
Courses are limited to eight delegates so it is advised to book early.