OnOne software have developed a new application called the DSLR Remote.
Designed to work with Canon EOS DSLRs, the new wireless cable release is designed to be triggered by an iPhone application. From your iPhone you can control settings such as the white balance as well as using it to fire the camera shutter. If you have a camera that supports Live View you can even get a live stream of the camera’s viewfinder on your iPhone.
Key capabilities of the DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone:
- Remotely fire a supported Canon EOS DSLR over any Wi-Fi network
- Remotely control camera settings like shutter-speed, aperture, white-balance, etc…
- Preview images on an iPhone or iPod Touch
- Look through the camera’s viewfinder remotely with Live View
- Built-in Intervalometer for advanced timer shooting
- Zero configuration Apple ® Bonjour® networking finds the camera automatically
“We are very excited about what this application offers the photography community,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “DSLR Camera Remote allows photographers the opportunity to get out from behind the camera and interact with their subjects while still maintaining full control of the technical details.”
The DSLR Remote application is available from the iTunes App Store at an introductory price of $9.99 (The application usually retails at $19.99.) A “Lite” version will also be available for $1.99 that only fires the shutter. The required server software that runs on your Mac or Windows computer will be a free download from the onOne website.