Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The Mju TOUGH with Magic Filters - Olympus release the Mju TOUGH-6010 compact camera.
From adrenaline packed days to activities with the family, the Olympus µ TOUGH-6010 is ready for action. Whether enjoying a day at the beach or out carving on the slopes, this 12Mp powerhouse is the ultimate companion. Shockproof, waterproof, and freezeproof just like the rest of the µ TOUGH series, it ensures extreme fun. Aspiring artists can even find their fill with a new set of Magic Filters. Featuring a 3.6x wide optical zoom, the µ TOUGH-6010 is of course also packed with the latest in Olympus opto-digital technology. Boasting everything from Dual Image Stabilisation to Tap Control, it was created to ensure photographic peace of mind while enjoying life’s many adventures. Available in a striking choice of colours, the latest µ TOUGH will be available from July 2009 for a retail price of £299.99
With the Olympus µ TOUGH-6010, photographers never have to worry about going where a camera can’t take the knocks. In addition to being freezeproof to -10 C, it is waterproof to 3m* and provides shockproof protection against drops of up to 1.5m**. The versatile 3.6x wide optical zoom (28-102mm***) seen on the TIPA award winning µ TOUGH-8000 is also on board for great group photos or close-ups of distant subjects. To make those shots even more memorable, the µ TOUGH-6010 now features inspiring Magic Filters. By applying Pin Hole, for example, images will seem to have been taken with a traditional pin hole camera. Pop Art, Fish-Eye, and Sketch add interesting effects of their own. What’s more, Dual Image Stabilisation keeps images blur-free even in rough and tumble environments. And so you’re always ready for that perfect shot, a practical Tap Control mode gives even gloved-hands easy access to a range of settings which can be viewed on the 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal III LCD. The display’s new “triple coating” protects it against reflection, scratches, and moisture to ensure comfortable shooting on the ski slopes and under water.
Since you don’t get a second chance for the perfect shot in the heat of the action, the µ TOUGH-6010 also boasts a range of clever functions. Delivering perfect images of once in a lifetime moments i-Auto Mode, for example, automatically adjusts camera settings to one of five recognised commonly-used scenes. In addition, Advanced Face Detection Technology detects up to 16 faces for consistent quality across group portraits. And for a flawless look under tough conditions, Beauty Mode is on hand to smooth out imperfections and leave subjects looking refreshed.
The shockproof, waterproof, and freezeproof µ TOUGH-6010 is a sturdy and reliable companion that will meet any challenge. It arrives in stores in July 2009 along with a new software version: Olympus Master 2.2 for more image management and editing possibilities.
The Olympus µ TOUGH-6010 – main features:
- Shooting when it’s getting tough, wet and cold – shockproof to 1.5m**, waterproof to 3m* and freezeproof to -10°C
- Available in Titanium Grey, Turquoise Blue, Lava Red
- High-precision 3.6x wide optical zoom (28-102mm***) to capture great scenes through to stunning close-ups even in extreme conditions
- Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation (combines mechanical and digital image stabilisation)
- TAP Control Menu for great convenience
- 12 Megapixels to make poster-size prints
- 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal III LCD for best ever preview even in brilliant sunlight and at extreme angles (230,000 dots)
- Advanced Face Detection of up to 16 persons for perfectly focused and exposed faces. In combination with Shadow Adjustment Technology other main parts of the picture are also correctly exposed.
- The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- Spice up your pictures with built-in Magic Filters
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD**** Card compatible
** Equivalent to MIL Standard (Olympus test conditions)
*** Equivalent to a 35mm camera
**** microSD is a trademark of SD Card Association