Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Conventional Display and Presentation|
Three new LCD projectors from Epson - Epson unveils three new lightweight XGA 3LCD projectors with market leading technology for the business and education markets.
The EMP-1715 is the smallest and lightest, high-brightness wireless projector on the market. It offers USB connectivity, which is a world first, multi-screen display for projecting up to four screens simultaneously and improved secure wireless functionality for sending movies and data. The EMP-1710 offers 2700 ANSI lumens and a light weight of just 1.6kg, it is ideal for presenters on the move that demand premium quality, high-brightness and portability. The EMP-1700 offers 2200 ANSI Lumens brightness and also weighs just 1.6kg in a compact, stylish and lightweight design. The EMP-1700 series is ideal for mobile presenters, while also providing an equally strong performance when installed in your meeting room.
Epson has incorporated a number of features across the EMP-1700 series for improved ease of use. A Quick Start feature means the projector only takes five seconds to warm up, perfect for when you have limited time. The AV Mute Slide allows you to temporarily blank out the presentation to refocus the audience’s attention, crucial when presenting to younger audiences or covering a complex topic.
In addition, a 60” screen can be projected from a distance of only 2m, perfect for educational environments with small classrooms or business with limited space. Instant Off means the projector can be switched off immediately (or within 10 seconds when ceiling mounted), so you don’t need to wait for it to cool down. All three projectors are easily serviced and replacement bulbs can be fitted without removing the projector from the ceiling mount.
With a sleek, modern design the EMP-1700 series features advanced 3LCD technology that achieves vivid colours, clear and smooth images and sharp video playback. Epson’s E-TORL lamp technology ensures super brightness with market-leading low power consumption.
The EMP-1715 offers a host of features for presenters who demand greater flexibility and a wider range of functions. Offering 2700 ANSI lumens it is one of the brightest 3LCD projectors in its class. Standalone functionality means you can show your presentation from a USB memory key, so you can even leave your laptop at home. With an improved transfer rate of USB 2.0, you can easily view your high-quality images as projected thumbnails directly from your USB memory key. You can even pause, fast-forward and rewind during MPEG2 playback, so you are no longer restricted to stay by your computer during your presentation. It features world-first USB connectivity meaning it can be easily connected to your computer or laptop via a standard USB cable, often easier to source and cheaper than a VGA cable. The Automatic Driver Installation takes just 25 seconds to detect and self-configure the USB drive on first connection. Epson’s Advanced EasyMP technology is incorporated into the EMP-1715 allowing it to deliver the world’s first multi-screen functionality. You can project different content on up to four projectors, both wirelessly and by LAN, direct from your Windows desktop. This enables you to project supporting material alongside your main presentation or even to simultaneously show two or more presentations.
In addition, the EMP-1715 is the only projector on the market to support 802.11a/b/g wireless transmission of full-size, full-sound movies, in MPEG2 format, whilst delivering a smooth, sharp picture and high-quality sound, enabling you to deliver professional multimedia presentations. It has the most extensive wireless security capabilities of any other wireless projector available on the market today for both Mac and PC, of critical importance for the increasing number of businesses that are seeking WiFi applications and are concerned about compromising security levels.
Stuart Davis, Business Manager, Epson UK says, “The EMP-1700 series demonstrates Epson’s commitment to developing premium-quality, innovative imaging technologies. The fantastic features of multi-screen technology and USB connectivity in the EMP-1715 are another two world-firsts for Epson. These innovations have been specifically designed to provide presenters with greater functionality, increased flexibility and premium quality output, reaffirming Epson’s place at the forefront of advanced mobile presentation tools.”
EMP-1700 series Key Features Summary:
- Present sharp, defined images with XGA resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Project bright, natural images, even in day-lit rooms with Epson 3LCD and E-TORL technology
- Always get a square image with Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction (±30º)
- Create a 60” screen from just 2m away
- Start presenting in just 5 seconds and cool down instantly
- Refocus audience attention with AV Mute Slide function
- Save time with the remote control and intuitive control panel
- Prevent theft with security functions including Power on Protection, User’s Logo Protect and Timer Key Local Protect
- Lightweight and compact - only 1.6kg
- Sleek, compact, modern white design
- Protected between presentations with new, ultra-small soft carry case
- EMP-1700 RRP excluding tax £1399
- EMP-1710 RRP excluding tax £1499
- Computer-free presenting with Advanced EasyMP technology
- Project up to four screens simultaneously with wireless, multi-screen technology
- Set up quickly and easily with USB 2.0 display connectivity
- View JPEG, scenarios and MPEG2 in thumbnail from a USB key
- Fast wireless LAN connectivity (802.11a/b/g up to 54 Mbps)
- Send movies wirelessly in MPEG2 format, with sound
- Bright clear images with 2700 ANSI lumens
- Portable and lightweight - only 1.7kg
- Supports wireless security protocols: WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA-Enterprise, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS/MD5, EAP-TTLS/MS-CHAP V2, PEAP/MS-CHAP V2.
- Cisco: LEAP, EP-FAST, PEAP/GTC, EAP-Fast/MS-CHAP v2, EAP Fast/GTC
- EMP-1715 RRP excluding tax £1549