Next time you're going to head out shooting, but you're not sure which lens to take, why not opt for a Tamron telephoto or super zoom lens? Telephoto lenses that Tamron offer include the 150-600mm VC USD
, 70-200mm DI VC USD
, and the 28-300mm XR Di VC
Here are 5 top reasons why we think a telephoto should be your lens of choice:
Bring far away subjects close
- A telephoto lens will allow you to zoom right in to the action, without getting physically closer to it. This a great feature to have when you're shooting something that you can't get closer to, such as animals behind a fence or something across a lake or body of water.
Variety of focal lengths
- A telephoto lens is very versatile because you can not only shoot things that are far away, but you can zoom out too, allowing you to capture a wider view if you wish. This combined with all the other focal lengths achievable in between gives you a lens that will cater for pretty much every situation.
Shoot illusive wildlife
- Telephoto lenses allow you to shoot shy wildlife without getting too close to them and scaring them off. This is a huge advantage when you're camping out in the woods waiting for deer or foxes, meaning you can set up with peace of mind that you'll be able to get the shot thanks to the reach of your lens.
Isolate subjects in the landscape
- If you don't want to capture the wide view of a vast landscape as a whole, then a telephoto lens can be used to pick out a particularly interesting area of the landscape to photograph. You'll be able to zoom in or out as you please until the composition is right for the look you're wanting to achieve.
No need to take extra lenses
- If you're packing light, or simply don't want the hassle of changing lenses whilst out and about, fit a telephoto lens. This will allow you to shoot subjects near and far, small and large, with ease, and importantly without having to risk changing lenses out in the open when they could be dropped or dirt could get into the sensor.