Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Triggertrap App Goes Free - Triggertrap, the creative camera triggering solutions app, is now free.
Today, Triggertrap, developer of creative camera triggering solutions for photographers of all skill levels, announces that its popular Triggertrap Mobile app for iOS and Android devices becomes free for all, originally priced at £2.99. This Cyber Monday deal comes just in time for the Christmas shopping season and will allow those who want to give the gift of Triggertrap to simply purchase the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle, allowing the lucky recipient to enjoy full Triggertrap functionality at no additional cost.
Sure to spread Christmas cheer to photographers everywhere, the newly free premium version of the Triggertrap Mobile app comes fully stocked with capabilities, including more than a dozen unique and creative triggering functions. The Triggertrap Mobile Dongle, which is used to tether the mobile device to a dSLR or advanced compact camera in order to experience these full capabilities, can be purchased for £20.99 and is compatible with over 280 cameras.
“Triggertrap Mobile is pretty much the perfect gift for anyone who is interested in photography,” said Haje Jan Kamps, Founder and CEO of Triggertrap. “It’s one of the few photography gifts that are affordable and a must-have tool in any photographer’s arsenal. Our number one goal is for people to easily enjoy and explore their creative photographic potential, and by making the Triggertrap Mobile app free, this has now become even more accessible.”
Triggertrap Mobile Functionality
Whether it’s long time-lapse aimed at the stars in the hopes of capturing an image of a flying sleigh, or the wireless triggering functionality necessary to finally take that memorable shot of the entire family, Triggertrap Mobile truly has a photographer’s needs covered for the holiday and beyond.
Combining the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, cost-effective application, Triggertrap Mobile enables photographers to take their creative photography skills to the next level. It can be used on its own for more dynamic iPhone photography or, to experience its full capabilities, trigger happy photographers can employ the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to tether their iOS device to a dSLR or advanced compact camera. In addition to its standard remote shutter release, Triggertrap Mobile offers more than a dozen unique and creative triggering functions for digital cameras, all of which can now be controlled wirelessly. Beyond its four wireless remote trigger styles, the creativity-expanding Triggertrap Mobile app includes:
- Multiple Timelapse functions: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or get extra creative: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and finally, TimeWarp, a feature unique to Triggertrap, uses algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
- Sensor Controls: Leverages the smart device’s on-board sensors to release the shutter; Sound Sensor Mode uses the microphone to trigger at a set audio level, Seismic Mode fires based on vibrations, bumps or knocks, and Metal & Magnetism Sensor Mode can be used to fire the shutter in their presence
- Facial recognition: Takes a photo once Triggertrap detects the programmed number of faces in the frame
- Multiple HDR Capture Modes: Provides expanded control over bracketed exposures for Long Exposure HDR, or automates Long Exposure HDR Timelapse capture
- DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap, this mode relies on the smart device’s on-board GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances
- Motion detection mode: Triggers camera whenever motion is detected in the frame
- Star trail mode: Allows external cameras to automatically take a series of long exposures in sequence to reduce noise
- Wireless mode: Unique to Triggertrap, this new Wi-Fi triggering technology enables photographers to leverage the range and speed of a Wi-fi network to control the dynamic features of the Triggertrap Mobile app wirelessly
To get the app on Android, click here.