Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Batteries and Chargers|
Going green with Uniross - Uniross are making it easy to go green with a new range of rechargeable batteries.
Spring has sprung and suddenly the summer holiday doesn’t seem too far away anymore. Imagine lying in the sun, listening to your favourite tunes on your mp3 player, taking pictures of your friends with your digital camera and playing on your PSP…
The eco-friendly way to enjoy your gadget addiction this summer is by taking advantage of Uniross’ complete new range of rechargeable batteries. The new range is more powerful and more convenient than ever. You can now use the batteries straight out of the packet, just like a throwaway battery, but when they run out just recharge them again and again and again… up to 1,000 times!
With prices starting at £4.99, you will have already made your money back after only five charges and can still benefit the environment at the same time.
The new Uniross range includes 14 different types of batteries and 16 chargers and will be a firm favourite with eco-lovers: it comes in 100% recycled and recyclable packaging and is fully endorsed by the WWF. You can now even buy the products at the WWF website.
“In the UK, 660m batteries are bought each year. 95 percent of these are disposable - cumulatively that's an enormous amount of batteries heading straight to landfill, releasing damaging chemicals into the environment. It's wasteful and it's unnecessary," says Colin Butfield, Head of Campaigns at WWF-UK. "The average person in the UK is living as though we have three planets worth of resources at our disposal, which is totally unsustainable. Rechargeable batteries are an easy environmental win - they have 32 times less potential impact on the environment than disposable batteries, and while using them won't reduce your standard of living, it will hugely reduce your impact on the planet."
Finding the right battery has never been so easy. From AAA to D and 9V, the new range includes:
Multi Usage (yellow packaging)
- Perfect for everyday appliances that are not used intensively, from remote controls to torches and toys
- Includes Hybrio technology and c
Multi Usage+ (red packaging)
- Perfect for appliances that require extra power or are used more intensively, eg: radios, favourite toys, PSP’s and Wii controllers
- Includes Hybrio technology and can be used straight from the packet
Performance (blue packaging)
- Perfect for high drain appliances or heavily used electronics such as digital cameras, GPS and mp3 players
“Rechargeable batteries have come a long way. Our new range is easy to use, long-lasting and comes ready charged, perfect for all those battery hungry gadgets and toys”, says Peter Keen, MD of Uniross. “Now there really isn’t any excuse to keep buying throwaway batteries that only end up in landfill.”
There are different chargers available for each budget, time-span and situation:
On the go (for travellers and business people)
- Globe trotter charger + 2AA: comes with three different plugs RRP £19.99
- USB charger + 2AAA: plugs into USB key of your laptop and PC RRP £ 7.99
- Car chargers + 2AA: plugs into cigarette lighter socket of your car RRP £ 9.99
Super fast (for gadget lovers)
- Fast charger + 4 AA: charges batteries in 1hr RRP £29.99
- Smart charger + 4AA: turns itself off when charge is complete RRP £24.99
Budget (for price conscious consumers)
- Mini charger + 2 AA: value for money RRP £ 8.99
The new range of Uniross batteries are available now in Argos, Maplins, Wilkinson, the WWF and Battery Logic and will soon be available in John Lewis (March ’08), Homebase (April ’08) and B&Q (June ’08).